SETUP for special action missing? How to do: Return to the same song when playing A-Playlist while you play songs from other B-Playlist in the meantime. In other words: Return to the same place in one Playlist after playing other Playlist meanwhile.

george

Hi guys,

I want to setup my Poweramp to resolve following action:

For better understanding - let‘s have two Playlists – the A-Playlist and the B-Playlist.

Imagine I’m playing the A-Playlist with random function. When playing for example the 35th song from 542 songs in the A-Playlist I just want to switch/jump to B-Playlist to listen different style of music for a while. My current experience is that when I do that (open the B-Playlist) and after playing some songs from the B-Playlist I want to go back to continue hearing the song 35 in the A-Playlist – the player starts always again from song Nr.1 in the A-Playlist - instead continuing with playing the song No 35 where I stopped last time.

No idea whether there is setting in the current setup menu which could resolve this my topic!

Can somebody give me any useful hint please?

For each Playlist where you want the position to be remembered, go to its menu > List Options and tick the memory feature for 'List Position' and 'Per-Track Progress'.

There is only one shuffle sequence though, so if you later return to your A-Playlist and tap Shuffle, it will continue playing the same song and remembered position, but with a newly re-shuffled order. One way to avoid that would be to physically Re-Sort the whole playlist into a new random order before you ever play it (a function available in the menu for each Playlist) and then listen to that newly-jumbled playlist using the Play icon rather than the Shuffle icon.

Andre 

Thanks for quick reply Andre! Your hint sounds good - but the trouble is I cannot find the right settings as I have the Czech version of Poweramp v.3.
However, I tried my best - I didn't find the setting you are writing about :-(. Unfortunately, I cannot switch to English to be able to follow your instructions above... It might be not the best translation.
I made three screenshots to show my try in steps and ask you whether the Options setup you are mentioning could be under those "three vertical dots" on the right side in the picture 2. The setting's in the picture 3 doesn't correspond with your tips - I don't think this is you are talking about. Frankly, I've got lost! Please could you be so kind and try to navigate me in a more stupid way?

george

Screenshot_1_.jpg

Screenshot_2_.jpg

Screenshot_3_.jpg

You need to open a view to the specific Playlist for which you want to save playback positions, then press the three-dots menu icon and choose 'List Options' from the menu:

image.png

Then enable both the 'List Position' and the 'Per-Track Progress' tickboxes:

image.png

Note: You need to repeat this selection for each individual Playlist (or Folder) in which you want this feature to work, it's not a global setting for all Playlists/Folders.

Andre

Good morning Andre,

Yes, this is it - big big thanks for this your navigation!!! I've got it now.

At this place I can give you my sincere and trustwerthy feedback about the Czech translation of Poweramp: It is really bad level in lot of details in settings terms. The Czech texts describing these particular functions are totally mismatched & incomprehesible. I swear! Based on the existing Czech texts I could never understand what would happen when I tick any of those settings based on the Czech texts......!
On the other hand there is a question if the translator got the translated original material where he/she could understand the English functions descriptions in the real technical/functional meaning. Sometimes are also the original English settings texts from developer hardly understandable even for the native speakers. I made such experience many times through my English as well as American company colleagues.

Well, communication is the highest topic all the time all around the world!

Again thans a lot for your kind help!

george

Thanks for the comments about the Czech translations. Translations are mostly crowd-sourced, so if you are unhappy with what's currently there it would be really helpful if you could contribute more accurate translations to improve the product generally. Thanks!

Andre

Archived