Seek more than 5s ? Car skin ?

mite_jan

Hi guys just bought the Poweramp wonderful player so many options

I have an air mouse which has buttons to seek but only goes by 5s , is there any way to increase this to 30s or 60s

Second i use it in the car so is there any car friendly skin with large buttons maybe ?

It might be worth checking to see what commands your air mouse is generating, via PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands.

PA's skip function (assuming you have it permanently enabled) skips by 10s, not 5s. There is also a Fast-Forward and Rewind feature which is triggered by long-pressing on the track change buttons. That is incremental; it starts off spooling slowly and builds up speed the longer you keep the button depressed.

Have a look in the Skins forum for large-button skins (or ones that can be modified to be larger), or you may want to consider using Android Auto which provides a very simple car-oriented minimal interface for listening to Poweramp.

Andre

I wanted to adjust it on single click to skip 60s but looks like there is no option for that 

Yes holding it works but i find it more convenient to just press , 

The songs i am listening are big 9 minites :)

android auto is not supported and i find it ridiculous to take every time the phone out and connect it to use it

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Android Auto is available on most phones, check the Play Store. No need to connect to anything, it can run on your phone (which I assume is Bluetooth connected to the car?)

What did Last Processed Commands reveal?

Andre

didnt check the command but what is the point the seek is working fine just it is like you said 5 or 10seconds which i would like to custom increase it if possible

no need for android auto as i dont want to take out the phone to listen to music

think of it as a 9inch 8 core tablet in the car with split screen view etc which is very capable on its own 

4 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@mite_jan the only skins with layout adaptations for cars are my skins Bigyaps and $yaps$. The latter even has a special layout called car mode. I am not aware of any others

i saw your comments today in different thread , will give it a try

@mite_jan I'm a little unclear, if you don't want to take the phone out then why are you concerned about the button sizes?

Are you running PA directly on your 9" in-car headunit (assuming it's Android) or are you running PA on your phone, and using Bluetooth to send the audio to the car stereo? And how are you using this air mouse in your car, does it control the headunit or the phone? 

The reason I was asking about the commands list is I wanted to understand how your air mouse is triggering the 10s skip feature at all, which key event is being sent, as normally control devices send MEDIA_PLAY, MEDIA_PAUSE, MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE, MEDIA_NEXT or MEDIA_PREVIOUS. PA generally interprets long-press on NEXT/PREVIOUS as fast-forward/rewind, and double-tap as next/prev category. However there are lots of other commands that can be generated, such as  MEDIA_REWIND/FASTFORWARD, MEDIA_STEP_BACKWARD/FORWARD, MEDIA_SKIP_BACKWARD/FORWARD).

Andre

23 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@mite_jan I'm a little unclear, if you don't want to take the phone out then why are you concerned about the button sizes? Are you running PA directly on your 9" in-car headunit (assuming it's Android) or are you running PA on your phone, and using Bluetooth to send the audio to the car stereo? And how are you using this air mouse in your car, does it control the headunit or the phone? 

Andre

because the default Poweramp in landscape does not look that good on car , yes i am running everything directly on the android unit in the car

for example this is the stock music player in the car  , looks very simplified with big buttons 
forget about the phone nothing is run on the phone , the car android unit has usb so i have the air mouse connected wirelessly via usb

this is the air mouse , works same as you would press the right button on keyboard which does 'seek' 

s-l1600.jpg 

Right, so your earlier comments about not wanting to take the phone out were not related to music playback, and your phone is not being used for music at all (expect maybe for external file storage and Bluetooth phone calls). PA runs on your Android headunit, and your air mouse controls that.

You could still run Android Auto as an app on the Android car headunit, and run PA within that, but while the buttons would be bigger it is intended to be a very much more simplistic interface and as far as I know has no skip function at all. Skins such as Bigyaps or $yaps$ in car mode would probably be ideal for you.

I'm not quite sure how even the +10s/-10s skip function is working at all from a remote control though, as usually you can only trigger them by pressing the actual icons on the player interface screen (assuming you have those buttons enabled to replace the normal << and >> Pro Buttons). Hence my question about the commands.  

Andre

17 minutes ago, mite_jan said:

same as keyboard pressing the right arrow key probably the same as i would press those pro buttons 

Probably. As I keep saying, Last Processed Commands would most likely tell us what is being sent to PA - perhaps KEYCODE_DPAD or KEYCODE_BUTTON events rather than KEYCODE_MEDIA events (see https://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/KeyEvent).

Maybe Max could modify functionally to allow setting different values for the -10s/+10s feature, if that is actually what is being triggered. Presumably you already see those two symbols on the player interface?

image.png

Andre

@andrewilley

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Probably. As I keep saying, Last Processed Commands would most likely tell us what is being sent to PA - perhaps KEYCODE_DPAD or KEYCODE_BUTTON events rather than KEYCODE_MEDIA events (see https://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/KeyEvent).

Maybe Max could modify functionally to allow setting different values for the -10s/+10s feature, if that is actually what is being triggered. Presumably you already see those two symbols on the player interface?

image.png

Andre

In the commands it is recognised as media button and it skips the song for 15s

Btw is there no way to change the dpi for Poweramp only , i know there is a way if rooted but i am not rooted

As far as I know you can't change the "per app" DPI via Android without rooting. However you could use something like Tasker to change the DPI when a given app is started, and then change it back again afterwards. e.g. https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/per-app-dpi-display-density-no-root.347/

I'm still puzzled as to how you are getting a 15s skip (I assume your original mention of 5s was a guesstimate?). As I said, normally if PA does a skip it is 10s.

Do the skip buttons appear on your screen, as per my screenshot above?

And WHICH media events are being sent (there are nearly 20 KEYCODE_MEDIA_xxxx events)? For example, I would expect Next (>>) and Prev (<<) type buttons to generate these sort of command sequences, and their resulting actions:

04:19:47.818 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_NEXT ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=124720687 flags=0x40000000 playerState=1
==================
04:19:47.830 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_NEXT ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=124720704 flags=0x40000000 playerState=1
==================
04:19:48.457 PlayerService NEXT
from PSMediaButtonReceiver 
04:19:54.391 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=124727266 flags=0x40000000 playerState=1
==================
04:19:54.393 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=124727268 flags=0x40000000 playerState=1
==================
04:19:55.018 PlayerService PREVIOUS
from PSMediaButtonReceiver 

@maxmp Any ideas on this, what would be triggering a 15s skip, and whatever it is could you make it a configurable setting?

Andre

I will check properly once in the car for the command , yes the 5s i was guessing but inspecting it carefully today looked like 15s skip , as for the pro buttons i dont think it matters i have them disabled as i find them useless but i can still skip if i use physical buttons on gyroscope mouse

Edited by mite_jan

If you don't have Pro Buttons enabled then the -10s/+10s feature I was talking about shouldn't be enabled either (it's track-length controlled, in PA Settings > Library).

We need to wait for Max's input on this, as I don't know of a 15s skip feature - I wish I did, it would be great if I could get my own car headunit to do it! The command list would still be interesting to see.

P.S. In the UK (which is where you registered from) a hand-held remote device would be illegal to use while driving, so hopefully you've got it stuck down to the dash or steering column somehow.

Andre

@andrewilley 1618513675507.thumb.jpg.f3ce9809656e5f940e0cb47c202f36e8.jpg

so i have tested some more the skip seconds and it looks like it depends on the song length , cant increase it though

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If you don't have Pro Buttons enabled then the -10s/+10s feature I was talking about shouldn't be enabled either (it's track-length controlled, in PA Settings > Library).

We need to wait for Max's input on this, as I don't know of a 15s skip feature - I wish I did, it would be great if I could get my own car headunit to do it! The command list would still be interesting to see.

P.S. In the UK (which is where you registered from) a hand-held remote device would be illegal to use while driving, so hopefully you've got it stuck down to the dash or steering column somehow.

Andre

Sorry, I'm a loss to explain this.

Your remote is generating normal KEYCODE_MEDIA_NEXT events, which PA seems to be resolving as 'PlayerService NEXT' as expected - i.e. move to the next TRACK, not Skip by +15s. Even if you did have Pro Buttons mode enabled, and it was somehow triggering the special skip feature for longer tracks, that would only be a 10s jump. Any anyway, the +10s feature replaces the ">>>" button (i.e. next category) not the ">>" button (next track). The track-duration threshold for this feature to trigger can be configured in PA Settings > Library by the way, if you want to try changing it to zero and see if it then happens on all tracks.

Max, any thoughts on this one?

Andre

@andrewilley just had another check and it does not record the commands when i press the right arrow on the controller , those next ones are probably from the steering wheel when i change the song

regardless skipping the songs work , on 10min songs it skips around 20 seconds , still havent found a way to change this , it would be nice if we can increase this by some percentage 

in settings library i found only one option which i have no clue what it does 

• 5 months later...

The lack of the 5s (Optional)button instead of the 10s button is mainly annoyed for electronics/remix lovers who appreciate a certain part of the beat. This makes the experience with the player better, I requested this feature via email, and reviews in play store, if you could send an email requesting the chances of this being effective is greater.