Lagging sound when using bluetooth earbuds

Hey! 

I use Poweramp almost daily since a few years. Last year, I bought Huawei Freebuds 3 (bluetooth earbuds) and had no problem with Poweramp until 2-3 weeks ago. Whenever I use Poweramp with these earbuds, the sound is very laggy. It only happens on Poweramp with the earbuds. Poweramp works great with my bluetooth speaker (JBL Charge 2+) and my earbuds work great with Spotify and Youtube. My earbuds were working fine with Poweramp but it started lagging recently.

I have a Huawei phone and I recently updated to EMUI 11 but I don't remember if the lagging started at the same time or not. I tried to see if an update was available for the Poweramp app and my earbuds and there is none available. What do you think I should do?

• Poweramp build number: build-893-arm64-play [893004-dd1054bc]
  • My device model: Huawei P30 Pro
  • Android 10 (and Huawei EMUI 11.0.0)
  • Steps to reproduce: It happens with every audio file in Poweramp when I use these earbuds.

You should be able to get an idea of the latency of the current output device (well, within PA anyway) by long-pressing on the metadata line at the bottom of the screen (or PA Settings > Audio > Audio Info), and scrolling to the bottom of the Output section.

Andre