Poweramp
Julius

Remove colored background behind album art

The player has a background behind the cover art, sometimes giving an impression of a thick, 3D like border...personally I don't like much this... could it be just an option?

No,

Please don't remove it entirely. I like it.

What you guys mean is there should be an option in advanced Settings to use a different background scheme, that is what you mean.

Yes Julius, an option not to disable it and in it's place either use another background scheme or no background at all.

It makes pretty simply sense especially owing to the custom-ability of PowerMP :)

Add my vote to this list...don't need the "rainbow outline" around album covers, would like an option to turn it off.

I also would like to see an option to remove the background color...allow black/white background instead. Thank you.

Just what I was looking for. I really like the background colours as it sets Poweramp apart from other players. Unfortunately the screen is the biggest drain on battery when playing in the car (keeping the screen on for convenience). As its an SAMOLED screen and not backlit, every section I can set to black saves a bit of juice (if only a little).

Any thoughts on making this happen? Every time a see a new version of Poweramp I try it out to see if this has been implemented. It looks too awful on many album art covers for me to buy it so I always end up removing it.

We'll add an option for that - it's easy. Thanks for the request.

Any idea when we can expect this - 'cos with many of my album covers it is ghastly. I appreciate it is a cosmetic thing but ...

Will we have to wait for v3 and if so, any indication of timescales ?

I like my album art clutter free for the black neon theme.

It took me some time to figure it out, but it can be done by tweaking multiple settings.

To "remove" the border, just zoom the image by 1.07x in player screen!

It would be a great option to have. A big step towards personalisation. Just dont completely remove it, I'm sure it has been the deciding factor for many for purchasing Poweramp.

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to set the background of the player/now playing screen to a static image or color, instead of having it amalgamize the album art's color palette.

Thanks in advance.