Poweramp not working properly since android 11 update on samsung A71

LeeRev

Hi 

Since a recent android update to android 11 (I'm assuming this could be the cause), I cannot seem to get anything to display in the menu where you can choose album, artists, etc. I just get a spinning circle, and it says doesn't look like anything to me. I can only seem to get something to display, and to work, in all songs. I've deleted and reinstalled Poweramp. I've turned the phone off and on again, Anymore ideas how i can get things working again? Thanks

Have you disabled PA Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy mode, which is suggested for Android 11 updates? It's also worth removing storage permissions (via Android app settings) and then re-applying them again from within  PA Settings > Library > Music Folders.

Andre

Hi 

Thanks for the advice, but things still not working right.  Legacy mode was already disabled when i checked. Tried to find the storage permissions on android but couldn't seem to. Had another look and it appears to be very glitchy. Some album art not showing now, and music disappeared again.    

To revoke app storage permissions, go to Android Settings > Apps > Poweramp:

image.png

Or you can clear app data completely (tap on Storage in the above screen, then Clear Data), which will treat Poweramp as a fresh install and ask for permissions again:

image.png

It's also possible that although your A71 only received its update recently, code-wise it might still be using the same buggy first Samsung Android 11 release. That could mean that when you start PA, it is doing an unnecessary full rescan. Wait a while, do a Full Rescan (In PA Settings > Library) and then turn the auto-scan options off in PA Settings > Library > Scanner.

Andre

Archived