Jump to content

Please support "sort by Chinese" and scrolling lyrics


Recommended Posts

The Poweramp doesn't support sorting songs by Chinese pinyin until now, so that all Chinese songs are classified in # and are random, which makes Chinese users difficult to find a song. Therefore, could you please make Poweramp have the option to sort by Chinese? Thanks!

What's more, I think if the LRC lyrics can scroll automatically, it will be better than view as a text. Could you please improve the experience of viewing lyrics?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Poweramp currently supports sorting by latin characters used in English (a-z).

However in case of Chinese language, I think the support for it would be difficult to add because there are apparently over 50000 characters in Chinese languages.... according to http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/chinese/real_chinese/mini_guides/characters/characters_howmany.shtml . 

 

11 hours ago, mefori said:

What's more, I think if the LRC lyrics can scroll automatically, it will be better than view as a text. Could you please improve the experience of viewing lyrics?

As for this, I think you are talking about synced lyrics. We have a discussion going on about it in https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15384-support-for-synced-lyrics/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the requests!

Sorting indeed works for any language, including all Chinese variants. The indexing bar to the right is fixed A-Z, but it's not related directly to the sorting (order of the items in the list).

As for lyrics, better UI for .lrc, embedded and downloaded (via plugin) lyrics is planned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, maxmp said:

As for lyrics, better UI for .lrc, embedded and downloaded (via plugin) lyrics is planned.

Do the plans include native internal support for synced (live scrolling) lyrics in the future, as I recall a number of previous threads have requested this?

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2021 at 4:36 AM, 6b6561 said:

If I have understood it correctly there is a system called pinyin, which only have a few characters. This is based on sound so more or less as western style writing. Found an article about an Android sorry project.

https://programmer.group/5c44cf15f28a9.html

 

Yes, the Chinese pinyin is based on English characters(A-Z), which makes us can use a few characters to type Chinese, and many Chinese people now are used to sorting files by pinyin(A-Z), so I hope Poweramp will support that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2021 at 12:30 AM, John Titor said:

Poweramp currently supports sorting by latin characters used in English (a-z).

However in case of Chinese language, I think the support for it would be difficult to add because there are apparently over 50000 characters in Chinese languages.... according to http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/chinese/real_chinese/mini_guides/characters/characters_howmany.shtml . 

 

As for this, I think you are talking about synced lyrics. We have a discussion going on about it in https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15384-support-for-synced-lyrics/

I understand that Chinese has too many characters, but I don't if there's something like a library file that contains most Chinese characters and their pinyin. If so, I think it will be easier to support sorting by pinyin in Poweramp.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...