PA 901: No support for APEv2 comments in tta files

Xaphan

The Comment tag isn't generally used anywhere in PA - although it is normally retrieved and displayed at the bottom of the page if you look at the Info/Tags display for a specific file.

[Edit] However I've just tracked down a TTA file to test (they are not that easy to find, it seems to be an esoteric format mainly used for multichannel audio) and its APEv2 tags do not seem to be read at all. To be fair, most of my PC programs don't read them either, and many don't even play the file at all (foobar2000 does if you download an extra plugin).

@maxmp the sample file I tried is at https://filesamples.com/samples/audio/tta/Symphony No.6 (1st movement).tta

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The Comment tag isn't generally used anywhere in PA - although it is normally retrieved and displayed at the bottom of the page if you look at the Info/Tags display for a specific file.

[Edit] However I've just tracked down a TTA file to test (they are not that easy to find, it seems to be an esoteric format mainly used for multichannel audio) and its APEv2 tags do not seem to be read at all. To be fair, most of my PC programs don't read them either, and many don't even play the file at all (foobar2000 does if you download an extra plugin).

@maxmp the sample file I tried is at https://filesamples.com/samples/audio/tta/Symphony No.6 (1st movement).tta

Andre

I mean container metadata (title, artist, cover and etc) 

MP3 files with ID3v1, v2.3 and APEv2 work fine in Poweramp, all metadata tags read fine on the examples I've tried (including cover art, Comment, etc). Pretty redundant to include them all in one file though, and has the potential for clashes if any of them contain different data.

Andre

Archived