Finding out audio output flags

poketman2

Buying a new phone soon, i know that different phones have different capabilities especially when it comes to audio. One of my biggest concerns is if the new phone has the same or better capabilities as my current one. I want to be able to see the audio outputs (Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs detection log) that the phone is capable of, but i dont know how to check it other than to install Poweramp on the phone before purchase...

I would be grateful for any advice you guys are willing to offer.

The only way would be to install PA on a sample phone before you purchase, or find another owner who can tell you the results. You can also read the configuration file directly, but that would also involve having access to a phone and a File Explorer.

Check the manufacturer's website for a good idea, although often high-res audio information isn't shown in general specs (and also what you end up getting will depend on how they set their firmware up, and it can change with new ROM releases).

Andre

1 hour ago, poketman2 said:

Buying a new phone soon, i know that different phones have different capabilities especially when it comes to audio. One of my biggest concerns is if the new phone has the same or better capabilities as my current one. I want to be able to see the audio outputs (Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs detection log) that the phone is capable of, but i dont know how to check it other than to install Poweramp on the phone before purchase...

I would be grateful for any advice you guys are willing to offer.

May I ask which phone you are getting? There might be system and vendor directory dump of that model on the internet. You can check the audio config file there.

Archived