Issues with latency plus others (recent)

Cpasley

I had posted before about latency and tagging issues, Andrew helped figure out the tagging problem but the speed issue is getting worse. As of me restarting my phone this morning it's been quirky, randomly changing the font, I like the default setting but keeps changing to alternative, the other issue is best described in the video below.

Looks like PA is not being allowed to scan your storage. Try removing permissions completely (Click the 'X' next to the SD Card on the Music Folders screen, and/or remove permissions in the main Android app settings page). Then re-enable the SD Card and enable access again. In Android 11 you should grant access to the highest level of folder that you want to use ('Music' in this case) not to the root of the storage. Then go back in and tick that folder in the PA Music Folders list and try scanning again.

If your device has recently updated to Android 11, please ensure PA Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode is turned off.

Andre

Thanks Andrew,

That seems to have solved part of the problem and Poweramp can now see the files on my SD card. Still haven't figured out why it's so laggy though. Like I mentioned before this is a new (to me) S10+ and for the couple of weeks I had it on Android 10 it was super fast, scanning, deleting even changing tags but now it's unbearably slow, any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

@Cpasley besides permissions, slowdown when scanning sd card means sd card is dying (either filesystem corrupted or some physical bad block exists). Android usually just freezes for like a minute the thread which does IO when this happens, resulting in slow scan. In this case it's recommended to check sd card for errors on computer/change it/back up/reformat/restore it.

It may be more noticeable for Poweramp scanning (as it touches all music files and thus has higher chance to hit bad block) vs other apps, and it may cause loss of data on sdcard as errors will accumulate over time.

SD card is 4 months old, it works great in all areas except in conjunction with Poweramp. I even downloaded Neutron as a comparison and it works flawlessly. It boils down to Android 11, I have not had any major issues till I updated. I mean hell, I been using Poweramp since "jelly bean" but if I can't get this resolved it might be time to move on 😔

Hi men, i had the same issue involving PA, not finding any music files, the only difference is that i have mi files in the internal storage. I just solved it by enabling the following in settings/library/scanner/ i enabled the rescan immediately and the scan providers setting, that solved it for me i dont know, maybe it can work for you

@Cpasley @linksiks Poweramp works fine with SD cards/internal storage on Android 11 - file scanner is optimized for the "new" Android 10+ file access in days of Android Q beta. Poweramp is the first player on Play market implementing that and other apps will follow as Google continuously tightens storage and other "security" requirements, but Poweramp also implements Legacy file access, which may not work for you (it will be activated if you updated phone when Poweramp was there or if you restore e.g. backed up settings, etc.). Ensure you don't have Legacy file access enabled and reselect folders in Music Folders. This won't help with broken SD card though.

Also original poster intermediate beta build issue was fixed long time ago, closing the topic. Please open new one if you have some new issue. Thanks!

Archived