Poweramp builds 899-905

maxmp

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I thought that was your original problem? i.e. MKV files were always being imported to the database, even if you had the 'Ignore Video Files' option set, and they were being incorrectly displayed as MKA. For me, PA now seems to properly respect the 'Ignore Video Files' option, and if you do opt to include video files then they show correctly in lists as MKV format. Re-enabling the 'Ignore' option does recommend a Full Rescan - although it only seems to do a quick scan if you click OK there. (For some other prompts where a Full Rescan is required, the response buttons are "OK" or "Later", which seems to make more sense to me)

Yeah, the mkv file appearing in PA bug has been fixed. I wanted to retract that part from my comment, so I used strikethrough tags <s>, but idk why it didn't render it on this forum.

So anyway about the rescan issue, yeah I have pretty big video files, most of them are HD 1080p 1 hour videos. So I guess PA is taking more time because the files are very big.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, John Titor said:

I used strikethrough tags <s>

This forum does not allow HTML codes in the normal editor, you would need to use the Source editor which is an Admin-only function. Instead of HTML or BBCode, use the strikethrough icon in the formatting bar (at the top of the text entry area).

Anyway, after a Full Rescan everything is OK for you now and the Ignore Video Files option is now properly handled?

Andre

18 hours ago, andrewilley said:

play counts are now zeroed correctly

Actually, Most Played "Clear" action won't reset play counts - resetting those library-wise will be too much a side effect. What clear does is remembering the current time, and the Most Played list shows only tracks played after that time.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Actually, Most Played "Clear" action won't reset play counts ... What clear does is remembering the current time, and the Most Played list shows only tracks played after that time.

Strange, I must have somehow managed to zero all my play counts at the same time then - not sure how I did that, as even a Full Rescan doesn't seem to do it now.

So that still leaves the incongruous situation that, from a user point of view, pressing 'Clear' in the 'Most Played' category empties the list as expected, but it doesn't clear all of the old play counts that you see in songs Info/Tags views. So if a popular song is played again, it reappears in the list positioned based on its historical count, not on the new playback (one time) that has occurred since the list was cleared. Perhaps the 'Clear' option could offer a dual mode (similar to when removing a song from a playlist) which can clear just the contents of the list, or the real play counts?

Andre

3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Strange, I must have somehow managed to zero all my play counts at the same time then - not sure how I did that, as even a Full Rescan doesn't seem to do it now.

So that still leaves the incongruous situation that, from a user point of view, pressing 'Clear' in the 'Most Played' category empties the list as expected, but it doesn't clear the old play count that you see in a song's Info/Tags view. So if a popular song is played again, it reappears in the list positioned based on its historical count, not on the new playback (one time) that has occurred since the list was cleared. Perhaps the 'Clear' option could offer a dual mode (similar to when removing a song from a playlist) which can clear just the contents of the list, or the real play counts?

Andre

2nd that. Would be very practical indeed. 

Hello guys! There's a bug in the settings, i've already cleared cache and app data, but continues the bug. Another thing too, whenever I log in to the forum informs that my password is incorrect, but I always put the correct one. Because of this every time I have to reset the password and always put the same. 

Screenshot_20210327-232346__01__01__01_compress43.jpg

19 hours ago, John Titor said:

Also, I have seen this AAudio bug in the last builds too. When AAudio output is active and I make a phone call, then disconnect the call, Poweramp acts weirdly. It shows the music file is being played, but no sound can be heard. Just for information, I have enabled resume after call and pause in call settings.

Everything is fine in other outputs though, OpenSL ES, AudioTrack, Hi-res though. 

I reported similar problems when playing with seek/play/pause.

10 hours ago, wljumper said:

Hello guys! There's a bug in the settings, i've already cleared cache and app data, but continues the bug. Another thing too, whenever I log in to the forum informs that my password is incorrect, but I always put the correct one.

The settings display issue, it might be worth checking the font you've chosen in PA Settings > Look and Feel > Settings Font.

For the forum, please try logging in using your username, not your email address.

Andre

1 hour ago, Godwin Daniel said:

Please AAudio Output should also be made available on Android 9 pie

Well, according to in-app changelog, it already is available on android 9+. I haven't seen it on my Oreo 8.1 tho, despite AAudio being available from API level 26.

IMG_20210328_191240.jpg

Edited by John Titor

@John Titor unfortunately, it can’t be supported for Android 8.1 as few critical parts are missing there, such as volume control. You certainly don't want output without volume control, right?

@wljumper is this Oneplus? Some OP devices have this issue with the system font and looks like incorrect font metrics, unfortunately it’s not reproducible on my OPs, so try to change settings font to non classic one. I was able to reproduce it with the Roboto font. The default font is OnePlus Slate, but switching system font to Roboto reproduces the bug - to be fixed in the next build.

@MotleyG there are no changes in audio outputs besides new aaudio output.

@andrewilleyit requires resetting play counts in the whole library then. Added to TODO.

@Godwin Daniel aaoutput works on Android 9+. Also it has no issues with call or pause or anything on Pixel devices. As for other devices, OEMs may fail to implement/test it properly, even if such tests are included into CTS (compatibility test suite) and these must pass without failures.

We've seen devices failing CTS (even recent Xiaomis, Huaweis, etc.), and failing CTS means device is not Android compatible. Usually issues like this are resolved in the subsequent "security" updates (or never, if devices doesn't get updates anymore). Nevertheless, AAudio doesn't bring anything new or anything beyond existing outputs in Poweramp. Switch to those if you have issue with AAudio.

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

from v900 onwards, the <multiSwitch></multiSwitch> tag produces the new menu presentation

However, even without the tag it still produces a similar layout.

Personally I would treat that as a positive - unless there is a huge list of radio-buttons items anyway, which may be why you are concerned.

I really like the new format, it saves having to drill down into a submenu just to view or select from a couple of choices.

Andre

On 3/23/2021 at 11:02 PM, andrewilley said:

Yes, as I said before, I do see the same as you with recent Poweramp builds (also using Samsung by the way, but I doubt that makes a difference). I can't say how long it has been happening for though, as I find it a rather irritating feature and thus always have it turned off.

Second

真的非常感谢你的答复!

升级到最新的903版本后,在三星的设备上,连接蓝牙设备后按键提示音又回来了!真的很棒。

翻译的问题,我理解是你不喜欢按键提示音这个功能吗?但我个人是非常喜欢的,而且用了PA将近10年时间,已经离不开这个提示音的功能了!之前没有了提示音,感觉体验差了一大截。这次903重新修复了这个问题,真的太棒了!感谢!

不好意思又来麻烦打扰了!

是这样的!

不知道为什么,同一台手机,相同的系统版本,在升级到899版本的时候,Aaudio里面采样位数是可以选择调整的。

AInkedScreenshot_20210330-155145_Poweramp_LI.thumb.jpg.c7836ccf13300c9a6cbf8754c2a35a05.jpgAInkedScreenshot_20210330-155231_Poweramp_LI.thumb.jpg.b6b3680248dfc3e29d5bd761ca06975d.jpg

但是升级到900以后的版本,包括最新的903版本,这个采样位数就不能选择,只能默认16bit了呢?

InkedScreenshot_20210330-155639_Poweramp_LI.thumb.jpg.0d2214cacd22504395b8d288ffe986fb.jpgInkedScreenshot_20210330-155610_Poweramp_LI.thumb.jpg.62f4b3d28694ac04f45c3d7409c1fafa.jpg

而且这个问题貌似只出现在三星的手机上,其它品牌的好像还是可以调整这个采样位数。

如果说是因为三星手机的硬件或者系统的限制,那为什么899版本就可以调整呢?

请问这个还有没有可能今后更新的版本,让三星的手机可以调整这个采样位数到24bit呢?

非常感谢!

10 minutes ago, maleck said:

After upgrading to the latest version 903, on Samsung devices, the button tone is back after connecting the Bluetooth device! Really good.

Excellent, glad it's working for you again. Everyone has different usage requirements of course - hence this being optional - but as it's probably not very commonly used, it needs a user to report it when something goes wrong. 

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

Excellent, glad it's working for you again. Everyone has different usage requirements of course - hence this being optional - but as it's probably not very commonly used, it needs a user to report it when something goes wrong. 

Andre

谢谢,真的非常感谢!PA是我人生第一款付款购买的安卓app,因为是真的觉得很棒,又是安卓独享!我也希望PA能发展得更好,会一直支持PA的!

再次感谢你们!

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Personally I would treat that as a positive - unless there is a huge list of radio-buttons items anyway, which may be why you are concerned.

I really like the new format, it saves having to drill down into a submenu just to view or select from a couple of choices.

Andre

@andrewilleysorry to have orphaned your response, it was a matter of RTFM which explained it all

Thanks a lot for the higher resolution background image when using the blur 0 and detail 10, the picture on older versions when using these settings looked really bad

Also it does feel like it looks better overall even with some blur, I changed my settings to have some blur but also have some more detail and it looks pretty good