Fixed Sample Rate

naevermNnD

Yeah, I've noticed that Poweramp's audio output actually doesn't fix the sample rate to match the file sample rate and evite unnecessary resampling.

Now, if I use the Hi-res output (Realme RMX2020, MTK Hi-Fi) the resampler goes up to 192 kHz and then Android downsamples to 48 kHz, which is completely useless.

For comparison, UAPP is actually capable of fix the sample rate to 44.1 kHz without more complications.

If I'm wrong with what I'm saying or if I'm missing something, I'd appreciate your help and opinion.

31 minutes ago, naevermNnD said:

Yeah, I've noticed that Poweramp's audio output actually doesn't fix the sample rate to match the file sample rate and evite unnecessary resampling.

Now, if I use the Hi-res output (Realme RMX2020, MTK Hi-Fi) the resampler goes up to 192 kHz and then Android downsamples to 48 kHz, which is completely useless.

For comparison, UAPP is actually capable of fix the sample rate to 44.1 kHz without more complications.

If I'm wrong with what I'm saying or if I'm missing something, I'd appreciate your help and opinion.

i have this issue also.i have a pair of bluetooth headphones able to play in 92 kHz but it downsamples. if you find a solution that would be great.

I'm not sure whether it applies to Realme or not, but a number of devices (especially Samsung) lock the frequency and bitrate settings together - so 44.1k/48k would force to 16-bit, 192k would be 24-bit, and 384k would be 32-bit. You should be able to set to high-res output method to a lower frequency though (48k or 44.1k) but that may also force 16-bit output. Also, some Android output methods can end up actually outputting 44.1k streams at their own default of 48k anyway.

Andre

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I'm not sure whether it applies to Realme or not, but a number of devices (especially Samsung) lock the frequency and bitrate settings together - so 44.1k/48k would force to 16-bit, 192k would be 24-bit, and 384k would be 32-bit. You should be able to set to high-res output method to a lower frequency though (48k or 44.1k) but that may also force 16-bit output. Also, some Android output methods can end up actually outputting 44.1k streams at their own default of 48k anyway.

Andre

My samsung Galaxy has that but. It forced nitrate and sample rate to be locked. Is there no solution? 

@andrewilley what I tell you is that any of these things are attached. Hi-res output appear to be 32-bit/48 kHz playing 16-bit/44.1 kHz files or even 24-bit/96 kHz files. UAPP and Neutron, both seem to be able to bypass this so I know it's possible, just I don't know how.

And what I told you, yesterday Hi-res output changed briefly back to 16-bit but it let me resample things up to 192 kHz until I restarted my phone. Kinda odd if you ask me

20 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

How do I fix this?

Screenshot_20210223-094336_Poweramp.jpg

Archived