Adding Songs

tplatz69

HI all just bought this app and so far all it scanned for and found is some music videos that I somehow got in to the phones Picture gallery. I have all my music by artist in folders on my Galaxy S8 add on memory card but the program never finds them. Some are MP3 and others Itunes format. I have tried numerous times in settings> full scan, also tried auto-find and music folders but it never finds them even though I`m selecting the extra memory card. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

You need to go into Settings > Library > Music Folders and grant access (allowing permissions) to your SD Card, or for the specific folder depending on your Android version. Then go back into the same menu and tick the music folder that you want to use. A Full Rescan may then be needed, or it may just pick up anyway.

See also:

Andre

It still sounds like permissions issue. Might be worth revoking any existing permissions in the Android app settings, then go through granting access again (as mentioned above, to the root of SD Card) then select your desired Music Folders.

You could also try using PA Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode (or if that is already enabled but not working, turn it off).

Andre

Archived