Support for .lrc Lyrics

arinzz7

It would be great if Poweramp include synced lyrical feature... Now a days most of all music player comes with this very useful function... But I see PA doesn't give a look on this... Many paid user shipped into others player because of its poor lyrical system... Plz come back with that feature PA

This is planned feature - there will be better UI similar e.g. to Apple Music lyrics for synced/non-synced lyrics + .lrc support. Poweramp won't download lyrics though as this is copyrighted and "grey" legal area, but the lyrics plugin API is in the works as well.

• 11 months later...

It would be good to implement that feature in Poweramp, it was the best music player and still it is, and it will be. I think it's the most advanced music player on android, we do have everything what we need, except synced lyrics support. Would love to see some simple way to make that happen, for example when lyrics turned on, title and album / artist text disappear and shows the lyrics instead. When there's no lyrics, then revert back. Here's a short video of what I was thinking.

Spoiler

Edited by Xander71

@Xander71 Synced lyrics are rarely accurate word by word, as far as I know each whole line has a timestamp showing when it should be displayed.

I rather assumed that whenever this feature does appear, it would be as soft-scrolling text over the album art area - probably showing the currently playing line larger/bolder in the middle, with a line or two of history/upcoming displayed above and below.

There is a further enhanced spec that provides word-by-word timecodes, so perhaps if found the colour of the current word could be highlighted in some way? See towards the bottom ofhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_(file_format)#:~:text=Enhanced format[edit,format%3A <mm%3Ass.xx>. , but I've no idea how widely supported it is though.

Andre

Yeah, I know it's presented way too fancy, but that was the only way to make that in my editor. :D It's just serves as a visual example of the lyrics placement and functions. Like when there's blank space, it reverts back to show title, album / artist.

@andrewilley I have no idea about that either how widely is it supported, I know it's possible but I'll be ok with the simple each-line way. That's just a bonus if it doesn't need a whole new window for it, like musixmatch and the other ones. I think it's simple to replace title - album /artist texts when the lyrics are on, it looks good and not distracting as well. 

Edited by Xander71

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...