Is Tempo supported in the Poweramp EQ app?

haddy

I am currently unable to download any new Android apps as I await a new phone so I cannot confirm if Tempo is supported.

Is Tempo supported?

Going by the app screenshots, it doesn't appear so: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.equalizer&hl=en_GB&gl=US

It would be AMAZING to be able to alter the Tempo (and later Pitch) of my focused YouTube Music songs.

What are the technical possibilities or limitations of this?

39 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

No, I can't see how Tempo could be implemented in an EQ (only) app? The speed of audio playback has to be governed by the provided audio from the playing app, the PA EQ can only adjust the sound it is given.

Andre

This is what I was thinking too.

YouTube's video player (youtube.com and phone app) gives the user option for 'Playback speed' much like 'tempo' in Poweramp. Is this because the video being streamed is cache locally to the users PC/phone or not?

Surely Temp is possible with Poweramp EQ app. Right?

Given that the audio playback data is suppled from the source app (e.g. YouTube or Spotify) at a fixed real-time rate, how would you propose Poweramp plays it back any faster or slower? The only option would be to break sync from the player source and buffer the whole real-time song in memory first, and then (for example) start double-speed playback after about half of the track has been received - meaning that a four-minute song would be silent for two minutes and then start its double-speed playback for the next two minutes. Not really feasible or desirable.

Andre

Archived