App appearing in notification window even when not using the app

rsimoneaux

Since I updated my phone to Android 11, I am getting the Poweramp App showing up on my notification drop-down and it just says "Playing on this phone" and shows no artists or songs playing. The app itself still works, I am just trying to find out how to remove it from my notification drop-down when the app is not in use. I am able to swipe away the app from the notification drop-down, but it will eventually come back.

Poweramp build number: 893-arm64-play

Device Model: SM-G975U

Android Version: 11

Steps to reproduce: Restart phone or let the phone sit in idle.

TLDR: disable Keep Notification.

First, Android 11 changed the behavior of the media notification - there is always a reserved "space" for a media widget which by default shows last used player. Samsung further modified that by moving it from reserved space down to notification area (but still on top).

Still, Poweramp won't appear there by default on Samsungs @ Android 11. Poweramp may flash notification shortly if OS connects to it (usually, BT or Android Auto may connect to Poweramp on reboot), but this notification will go away shortly or won't appear at all.

If you have "Keep Notification"/"Always Keep Notification" options enabled in Poweramp, behavior may change, so you may want to disable those.

I have this issue on my new S21 Ultra, every reboot I have this notification or one that doesn't do anything with just a play button and nothing else.

When using both Samsung Music and Poweramp and swapping between them in the "Playing on this device" swipe notification the Samsung one stays loaded when sound is playing in Poweramp but with the other way around the Poweramp notification gets reset with nothing but a default play button and when that button is pressed it has to reload or something and a 2nd notification gets loaded with "Alerting notification: Poweramp".

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 1:00 PM, LeVvE said:

I have this issue on my new S21 Ultra, every reboot I have this notification or one that doesn't do anything with just a play button and nothing else.

When using both Samsung Music and Poweramp and swapping between them in the "Playing on this device" swipe notification the Samsung one stays loaded when sound is playing in Poweramp but with the other way around the Poweramp notification gets reset with nothing but a default play button and when that button is pressed it has to reload or something and a 2nd notification gets loaded with "Alerting notification: Poweramp".

I have exactly the same issue on my Galaxy S10 updated to Android 11.

After phone restart, the notification is there and when I try to kill it I see "Alerting notification: Poweramp" for ~2 seconds.

P.S. "keep notification" is disabled.

22 minutes ago, JoyfulOtter said:

I have exactly the same issue on my Galaxy S10 updated to Android 11.

After phone restart, the notification is there and when I try to kill it I see "Alerting notification: Poweramp" for ~2 seconds.

It's another great Google Android 11 "feature" I'm afraid.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here, except that it is not only on phone restart. I'm pretty sure the Poweramp app notification appears every time my wife or I start or even open the doors on one of our vehicles. The phone connects to vehicle bluetooth if it is in range (say from front of the house near the driveway). The app does not play music, because "Resume on Bluetooth" is disabled, but the notification does come up. Anybody else experience this?

22 minutes ago, Somedude111222 said:

Ok it is now, when i checked before it said build 893

Max uploaded it yesterday morning at 4am GMT, and it was in the v3 releases section from then on. It wasn't 'pinned' to the top of the front page until I did that this morning though, so maybe you just didn't click on the Poweramp v3 (Latest Releases) link?

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Max uploaded it yesterday morning at 4am GMT, and it was in the v3 releases section from then on. It wasn't 'pinned' to the top of the front page until I did that this morning though, so maybe you just didn't click on the Poweramp v3 (Latest Releases) link?

Andre

Yah probably. Anyway it works, thx for the fix.

Archived