Could somebody explain to me what DVC is?

Mayuri

If anyone could spend the time to explain with details exactly what Direct Volume Control is and how it works, what benefits (and cons, if any) it has, would be grateful. The only difference I really hear is: it's louder, and for some reason when it's enabled, when I increase volume, instead of just increasing volume, it goes a bit quieter for a bit, and then goes up, or smth like that (kinda annoying).

Direct Volume Control merely means Poweramp bypasses a lot of the Android/manufacturer added audio processing code and gets cleaner access to the hardware and better dynamic range. This may result in higher volume on many devices, but that's not the main goal. Some devices support it in certain of the high-res modes only - so for example 384kHz on Samsung devices often needs DVC disabling.

The stepping/jumping is probably caused by the number of system volume steps. Have a look in PA Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Volume Levels and try a non-default value.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The stepping/jumping is probably caused by the number of system volume steps. Have a look in PA Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Volume Levels and try a non-default value.

I'm already using a non-default value, same problem. I had to disable DVC because the jumping is very annoying. But if it helps with dynamic range, I guess I should want it on, especially considering I use EQ.. :/

• 1 year later...