Poweramp Was Killed - Poweramp is not being optimized.

LewZephyr

Does not happen all the time, so not a show stopper by any means.

87sB5Yb.png

I do not have it optimized in the battery optimization area, and I am not running any special apps that do that.

image.png.d1031ed6b3e7e65b67ec704debbe89dd.png

Not sure what else to look for, or what to do.  Didn't find any further suggestions from the FAQ or Google search.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Does this happen when you turn the screen off? I very occasionally (maybe once in one or two months) get this message when I turn the screen off at night. When I turn the screen back on, PA is still there but with the Killed message in front of it. I just need to tap Play (or press the equivalent headset button) to resume listening where it stopped. 

Andre

On 1/23/2021 at 5:12 AM, Someguyonline said:

Are you running it on an emulator? (Just out of curiosity,I'm not a support staff)

No, running on Samsung S10e.

On 1/23/2021 at 6:30 AM, andrewilley said:

Does this happen when you turn the screen off? I very occasionally (maybe once in one or two months) get this message when I turn the screen off at night. When I turn the screen back on, PA is still there but with the Killed message in front of it. I just need to tap Play (or press the equivalent headset button) to resume listening where it stopped. 

Andre

It happens when I am going to sleep usually, so the screen is off... and maybe I manually turned the screen off.  Not sure.  Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make me double check myself that I had it removed from battery management.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, LewZephyr said:

It happens when I am going to sleep usually, so the screen is off... and maybe I manually turned the screen off.

Sounds pretty much the same as for me.

My evening routine is to put my headphones on and start playback, turn the Sleep timer on, and then press the power button to turn the screen off. Very occasionally playback immediately stops as soon as the screen turns off. I can restart playback by tapping on the cabled headset button - but if I turn the screen back on first to check, I see the 'PA was Killed' message superimposed over the player interface. Next time it happens (it's pretty rare) I'll see if I can save a log.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 12:27 AM, andrewilley said:

Next time it happens (it's pretty rare) I'll see if I can save a log.

It happened again last night: I plugged my headphones in and started my usual night-time shuffled playback, set the Sleep Timer to 30 minutes, and tapped the Power button to turn the screen off. At that point, the music immediately stopped. When I turned the screen back on, it was showing the "Poweramp detected it was was killed during active playback" popup. PA was still running behind this though, and playback could be restarted by tapping on the headset button.

Nothing helpful in Last Processed Commands, just the messages from when I plugged the headset in:

image.png

I grabbed a diagnostics log and will email it to @maxmp.

Andre

@andrewilley received the log, thanks, but in the case of process killing, Poweramp won't collect the log from the previous run. It's only possible to do that via Developer settings / Bug report / Full, ASAP after the issue as that log contains only last couple of minutes or less.

Btw, the wakelock option won't work on recent Androids and not recommended esp. on Samsung Android 11 which is very restrictive about wakelocks.

I wasn't sure if the log contained anything useful, but the timestamps did show from around when I plugged in the headphone cable, right though until after the audio was killed, so I hoped there might have been something useful. Next time I'll try to remember to get a full dev bug report (if I'm awake enough to remember :) ). 

Andre 

@maxmp It just happened during the daytime for once. Exact same scenario as happens at night: inserted headset plug, started PA playing normally, tapped the power button to turn the screen off and the audio immediately stopped. When I woke the screen again, there was a message saying PA had been killed (as per the first post of this thread).

I requested a bug report and will Dropbox it to you as it's probably too big for email. Hope it helps.

Andre

• 1 year later...

Going to renew this subject as I have been getting this error message since I re-installed the app. I have since tried checking every box that is recommended but am still getting the message and the audio is stopping.

I have Poweramp installed on a Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite 5G and this occurs when I am using it via Bluetooth either through some external speakers or earphones...

cheers

col 

@brokey  As far as I was aware, this issue went away quite some time ago - i.e. the specific problem of pressing the power button to turn the screen off and music stops immediately, and when you re-wake the screen there is a message saying that PA has been killed. I've not seen it for a year or more anyway. Is that the exact same scenario that you are seeing?

Andre

Nah, its when the music is playing and the screen is off...it could have been playing several songs and then stop or just one, there is no pattern to it...

I should have said that I am using the latest beta version...

cheers

col

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Then is it down to Android on your device. PA can't kill itself - a rare bug could cause it could crash, but being 'killed' is something the device does to apps to optimise power/battery performance.

Andre

Thanks for that...will have to look in another direction for a solution...

cheers

col

On 5/18/2022 at 1:05 AM, brokey said:

I have Poweramp installed on a Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite 5G and this occurs when I am using it via Bluetooth either through some external speakers or earphones...

I just recently noticed on my device that there is a separate setting in the "Battery optimization" setting just for Bluetooth. I changed this today to "Not optimized" but can't confirm if this has made a difference, so far so good though. Worth a try if it works for you @brokey.

7 hours ago, MotleyG said:

I just recently noticed on my device that there is a separate setting in the "Battery optimization" setting just for Bluetooth. I changed this today to "Not optimized" but can't confirm if this has made a difference, so far so good though. Worth a try if it works for you @brokey.

Nup, I don't have it on my phone...Android 12 with MIUI 13...

cheers

col