Poweramp lowers volume after being paused via bluetooth

evh5150ni

This is a new bug, presumably from Poweramp because I haven't had any OS updates recently. In short, when you pause Poweramp using a bluetooth controller (such as on bluetooth headphones or on a car dashboard), when it is unpaused, the volume drops, necessitating you turning the phone volume up again after every pause.

Poweramp build number: build-893-arm64-play [893004-dd1054bc]  Full version  64bit
Your device model: Xiaomi MiA1
Your Android version: 9
Your custom ROM name/version (if you're on custom ROM): n/a
Steps to reproduce: Pause Poweramp with a bluetooth controller (eg. on headphones or car dashboard). 

When I unpause Poweramp through a Bluetooth device (eg. my car or my headphones) the volume audibly and significantly lowers. When I then check my phone, I can see that the volume slider has lowered. So something is triggering it to lower. This is a problem that I've never had before. 

• 3 months later...

Poweramp is the only app I have used in the same circumstances (ie. In the car) that has this issue, and it's a fairly new problem. YouTube, Spotify, AntennaPod etc are able to pause and restart without the volume changing on the device. 

In my galaxy m30, I paired my home teacher and my Bluetooth headset, I listen to them at different volume level. So if I reconnect to any of these, Poweramp reduce or increase to the last volume level it was using  before disconnection, so if this is what is happening, then it is normal, but if it happens instantly after pause, then check if you have something like Tasker or any other app that triggers this action. 

Edited by Bencherished

On 4/29/2021 at 6:15 PM, Bencherished said:

In my galaxy m30, I paired my home teacher and my Bluetooth headset, I listen to them at different volume level. So if I reconnect to any of these, Poweramp reduce or increase to the last volume level it was using  before disconnection, so if this is what is happening, then it is normal, but if it happens instantly after pause, then check if you have something like Tasker or any other app that triggers this action. 

This is an immediate thing: a pause then an unpause across 10 seconds on a car bluetooth system. I'm not running anything like Tasker or IFTTT. 

Edited by evh5150ni

• 2 weeks later...