Cannot export playlists to internal storage neither to sdcard

rainer042

Hello,

i just tried to export my playlists from Poweramp on my Galaxy S8 mobile to internal storage via the export playlist functionality of Poweramp. It starts doing something, then reports that 0 (zero) playlist have been exported and the default folder Playlists is actually empty, nothing inside. I have a total of 19 playlists and Poweramp can play all of them but obviously  cannot export them.  Any idea why this might happens and how to get around this problem ?

Thanks Rainer

It's probably a write-permissions issue. If you aren't using the system default folder ( Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/Playlists ) first use the Target Folder option to allow access permissions to the folder you wish to use (which will remain accessible for next time) and then do the actual Export.

Andre

Just tried the folder you proposed but same problem. Zero playlists were exported. If it was unable to write to a folder Poweramp would I guess at least report some kind of error but it simply states that 0 playlists were exported nothing else.

Thanks Rainer

Interesting. If I select export playlists in playlist Menu or in settings I see a dialog that has three actions: 1. export, 2. select target, 3. cancel.

I select "target" which opens a simple file browser where I select the existing Playlists folder in the toplevel of the internal storage. I click select and then I am back in the dialog with option 1,2,3. Next I select option 1. export which results in the error I wrote about. However I do not see a "Allow Access" Button anywhere.

Could this be due to different Android versions? I run Android 9 on my S8.

Rainer

Forgot: The playlists I have are of mixed type. There are two playlists that are internal (these are the ones I actually want to export), so there is no .m3u file somewhere wherelse the other ones are file based, I created and placed them in the Music folder where Poweramp found them. Why might this be important?

Rainer

To add some more detail: The mp3 files as well as the file based m3u playlist files are stored on the "external" micro-sd  memory card and I also tried the a "Playlists" folder on this micro-sd card, with the same result although it has write permission to this sd card, see screenshots of the apps permissions below. 

Rainer

Screenshot_20210103-173956_Package installer.jpg

Screenshot_20210103-174001_Package installer.jpg

I found the problem which is sitting in front of the mobile.....

I tried the same on my tablet, and there in the export playlist menu I saw the Option to also export file based playlists that on the screen of my mobile was too small for me which is probably the reason why I overlooked it.  Originally all playlists were file based but for the two I wanted to be exported I removed the files intentionally because these should no longer depend on the files.

But in the eyes of Poweramp the two were playlist based as well since it imported them from a file once upon a time, and so no playlist had been exported because I overlooked and thus did not select the option to also export file based playlists.

Thanks a lot Rainer

3 hours ago, rainer042 said:

But in the eyes of Poweramp the two were playlist based as well since it imported them from a file once upon a time

The easiest way to tell is to look in the Playlists category. If there is a file extender (.M3U, .M3U8, etc) at the end of a playlist title, then it's file-based. If there is no extender then it's an internally created (database) playlist. That's why I asked this question earlier, as although there is a tickable option to re-export such file-based lists, it's normally just as easy to go to the files directly as they already exist.

Andre

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The easiest way to tell is to look in the Playlists category. If there is a file extender (.M3U, .M3U8, etc) at the end of a playlist title, then it's file-based.

Good hint. Thank you very much  Andre.

Archived