Requests for a more helpful EQ

InnVol

Update: it seems that someone has requested for it. Then let's wait in the new year🙂

While using Poweramp, I find that it only supports Fixed Band Equalizers--common but not so good as Parametric Equalizers(PEQ) or Graphic Equalizers(GEQ).  Since most earphones are not very good, a more helpful EQ is of great importance. So Would it be possible to add PEQ and GEQ to Poweramp, so users can enjoy a better sound quality? Many thanks to developers and happy new year🙂

Internally, equalizer is parametric (where band has type, bandwidth(Q), frequency, gain parameters). There are plans to expose that to user level, though UI should be rethought and it's surely harder to tune as you need to know some audio processing basics.

I'm not using the equalizer or if I do I'm happy with presets so I'm not sure if my idea would work, but how about allowing a band to be moved left/right by long pressing it and shift it by pulling it left or right? Long press on upper half would pop up a context menu allowing to insert or remove band?

You won't get good results by modifying graphical fixed bands, as bands will overlap one to another producing unexpected very high gain on unexpected frequencies somewhere in between bands. The parametric EQ UI should allow starting from the empty state (where you add bands one by one), should allow visualize the bandwidth correctly so overlaps are clearly visible and understood, etc.

Archived