Media control notification appears on reboot / sometimes doesn't disappear even after tapping X

QuickInfo_

On Android 11, other music players will completely remove themselves from the media control in notification panel. Only Poweramp, after hitting X, will still be there with just the Play button showing. Is there a way around this or is it a bug? I removed Poweramp data completely and tried again with the same results. It was working fine on my old phone running Android 10. 

I'm on Pixel 5 December's patch. 

Poweramp version: 883-893

Below is a screenshot of what I mean. As you can see, the Play button is the only button that lingers around after tapping X. Only way to remove that notificaiton is to force close Poweramp. 

QZzb5QV.png

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The notification should disappear completely, and music stops playing, when you tap the X.

Andre

Unfortunately it doesn't do that with Poweramp, it goes into the state as shown in the screenshot. Only happens with Poweramp, I checked Spotify and YouTube music and both disappear completely as soon as I tap X. 

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure it's a bug to be honest, but I have started seeing the issue right after updating my Samsung S10 lite to Android 11.

When I boot my smartphone, a Poweramp empty banner appears in notifications (I attach a screenshot to show you). I can only dismiss the notification by swiping it on the side, or tapping it to launch Poweramp. This never happened with Android 10.

Any idea please?

Poweramp version: build-893-arm64-play 64 bit

photo_2021-01-08_09-47-02.jpg

Unfortunately not reproducible (Note20@OneUI3.0). Try resetting Poweramp notification options (Settings / Look and feel / Notifications). Also please note that Android 11 is supposed to display last used player there, though Samsung modified that.

9 hours ago, maxmp said:

Unfortunately not reproducible (Note20@OneUI3.0). Try resetting Poweramp notification options (Settings / Look and feel / Notifications). Also please note that Android 11 is supposed to display last used player there, though Samsung modified that.

On my Pixel 5 Android 11, only Poweramp notification stays after hitting X. I tried playing around with the Notification settings in Poweramp with no luck. Seems to be an issue with Poweramp on Android 11 as it was working fine on Android 10

Hi,

I recently got a new phone and updated to Android 11.

Every time I switch on my phone the Poweramp appears in my notification pull down list and I haven't even loaded it it up to play music.

To remove it from the notification pull down list, I press and hold onto Poweramp and choose remove 

Could you advise on how to prevent Poweramp from being loaded up on start up

1 hour ago, dtreacy said:

Hi,

I recently got a new phone and updated to Android 11.

Every time I switch on my phone the Poweramp appears in my notification pull down list and I haven't even loaded it it up to play music.

To remove it from the notification pull down list, I press and hold onto Poweramp and choose remove 

Could you advise on how to prevent Poweramp from being loaded up on start up

Hi. that's exactly the issue we're discussing here. No solution nor known cause at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 4:14 PM, maxmp said:

- if X is pressed in notification while Poweramp UI is on foreground
  - playing ends
  - within few seconds notification disappears

- if X is pressed in notification while Poweramp UI is not on foreground
  - playing ends
  - notification disappears immediately

Unfortunately this doesn't dismiss the notification, it just falls back to another notification with only the play button visible. Normal behavior with other apps that have the X in the notification will dismiss it,. but this doesn't seem to be the case with Poweramp. 

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue, blank Poweramp notification on reboot and also when youtube is playing Poweramp will have a blank notification that i can swipe to. No music was played in Poweramp since reboot, nor the app was launched. 

This started happening since Android 11 update on my s20 plus. 

This is a result of an intended functionally by Google in Android 11, along with an implementation issue by Samsung. Apparently newer Samsung ROM updates have already fixed this, whenever they are issued for your device.

Turning off 'Keep Notification' in Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Notifications may help, but not necessarily with Samsung ROMs.

Andre

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Max mentioned making some changes to Android 11 Notifications behaviour in PA build 899 (released for manual download last night), could you give that a try?

Andre

Just tested build 899 on my Pixel 5 on Android 11 and pressing X does make the notification go away now. When booting up, there is no blank Poweramp notification which is perfect!

Thanks for the fix @maxmp!

Archived