The new icons are too small :(

talktohani

Hello there! I updated the app to the latest version, and I noticed some icons got smaller, and honestly I don't like them. Is there any way through settings that I enlarge them to how they were previously? Thanks in advance

Samsung Galaxy S7 flat snapdragon

Version using 893-arm64-play

Screenshot_20201227-002607_Poweramp.jpg

@maxmp

The thing is though, I'm not using neither alternative or bold, I'm using the "classic" font in Poweramp settings, which up to the previous update -- thus said, and in the case of the buttons on the knob, they looked fine, and not like they do now (smaller)

Below in a gif, there are screenshots from the same screen above, but from the previous v884. So, the differences in button size between the previous and the latest update. 

I'm talking about buttons such as "mono", "preset", "save", "tempo", "reset", those kind of buttons.

PS. I turned off the color knob on v893 (not that it made a difference to the matter I started the thread for)

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

@talktohani alternative and bold fonts (selectable in skin settings) are automatically scaled based on system wide font size setting. The default font is 

I still think they were reduced a bit too much, but anyways, like you said, it's not a deal breaker. And since we're talking about constructive criticism, I for one found this particular change, and the "knob/equalizer highlight color effect" unneccessary. Maybe it will grow on me. But as they say "less is more", and you had a pretty tight, straightforward aesthetic.

And as Palpatine would say, I will follow the updates with great interest lol

By the way, thank you @maxmp @andrewilley for everything you do for this great app. Hapoy holidays! 🍻

The colour changing effect for the EQ knobs and sliders is optional. It can be changed in Settings > Look and Feel > Skin > (your choice of skin) > Knob Highlight. Personally I rather like it, as similar to visual pie-charts it gives a better indication than the position of a little dot on a round knob which is more than likely covered by your finger as you make fine adjustments anyway.

Personally, I've never really been overly comfortable with skeuomorphic round 'knob-style' controls in a touch-based interface anyway. Rotational knobs are more of a tactile real-world thing, which you control by grasping firmly with both thumb and forefinger. Sliders or up/down buttons are a much more precise system for single-touch interfaces.  But that's a discussion for a whole different forum.

Andre

Archived