Embedded album artwork is not shown when embedded cue exists

5DGN

As shown in the screenshot, the player successfully identifies the embedded arkwork, but it still does not show the arkwork after clicking the red circle zone. I think it is a bug when embedded cue exists. The example audio is uploaded to the google drive and is available here.

Screenshot_2020-12-16-21-44-05-855_Poweramp.png.816afe23f89faa56655d1e67acf57e1a.pngScreenshot_2020-12-16-21-44-36-059_Poweramp.png.96ab000895e55742aae887148b2dcdf6.png

The version of Poweramp is v3-build-882-arm64-play, and the Android version is 8.1.0. But i think the bug has no relation to the versions.

Thank you.

What do you mean by "embedded CUE"? Normally CUE files are external to the music files, and are only necessary where you have one large audio file that needs to be split up into separate smaller song-sized tracks. Otherwise, CUE files should generally be deleted.

For single audio files with embedded cover artwork you should not need to select the artwork manually, it will be displayed automatically - unless you have turned that functionality off in Settings > Album Art. 

Andre

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

What do you mean by "embedded CUE"? Normally CUE files are external to the music files, and are only necessary where you have one large audio file that needs to be split up into separate smaller song-sized tracks. Otherwise, CUE files should generally be deleted.

For single audio files with embedded cover artwork you should not need to select the artwork manually, it will be displayed automatically - unless you have turned that functionality off in Settings > Album Art. 

Andre

CUE can be embedded into FLAC files. In the google play website, the app description says it supports embedded cue file.

20201216221729.thumb.png.93d168db18b50e0686b6cf943573f401.png

I know that typically the player will automatically display the arkwork, but when embedded cue exists, it won't.

You can download the audio file I provided above and see what happens.

Thank you for your attention.

I actually didn't realise that FLAC files supported having CUE metadata embedded within the file, I thought CUEs were always separate sidecar files like they are with MP3, etc. Does PA actually read that metadata and create multiple pseudo-tracks in the same way that it does with .CUE files?

Andre

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I actually didn't realise that FLAC files supported having CUE metadata embedded within the file, I thought CUEs were always separate sidecar files like they are with MP3, etc. Does PA actually read that metadata and create multiple pseudo-tracks in the same way that it does with .CUE files?

Andre

Yes. It reads the metadata correctly except the arkwork.

7 minutes ago, maxmp said:

There shouldn’t be dependency like that, but CUE tracks are considered independent from their big source image file. I guess in case of embedded CUE, embedded image should have priority - I’ll try to improve this in the future builds.

Thank you very much~

Archived