Multiple albums from one artist

jegor

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but certainly it is a changed behavior from previous version.

In library view, when I chose to play all albums from one artist Poweramp used to play all songs from first album, than all songs from second etc. In version 2.0.1. it plays all the first songs from all albums from that artist, then all second songs etc. Even when I enqueue one artist I get queue with all first songs from all albums followed by second songs from all albums etc.

All files are MP3 VBR with all tags defined correctly. The device is Huawei Ideos X5, stock Android 2.2.1.

What I'm saying is there is a different second level of sorting for 'Artist'. The top level (for sorting the artist names) has only By Name and By Date Added, but if you click on a specific Artist to view all their songs, then you get another sort level with different List Options - such as Name, Artist (bit pointless that one!), Year, Date Added.

Max: I'd suggest that 'Artist' in that second-level sort List Options should be replaced with 'Album' (for sorting by Album then by song title) and perhaps also a new 'Album/Track' (for sorting by album first, then by track number).

Andre

I wonder if this addresses my issue. I often listen to audiobooks, multiple folders per book (disc 1, disc 2, etc.) Previous version would automatically move from one disc's folder to the next; I haven't been able to figure out how to do this with new version.

• 3 weeks later...

I fully recognize that there are many people with their own view as to how to navigate their music collection. But I have a hard time understanding why the default order isn't: genre -> artist -> album -> track (#)

Hate to tell it, but my plea was not heard. If I wasn't clear enough, this is what I would like to see in next version of Poweramp.

I have multiple albums from one artist in my library. When I long press on that artist and choose play I want it to play all songs from first to last from album A, then all songs from first to last from album B and all songs from first to last from album C.

The way it is now it plays first songs from all albums then second etc.

I repeat that this is the case since ver. 2.0. On 1.4 it was as I am asking you to implement now.

• 2 months later...

Please! Is it possible to get the playing order to be like it was up to ver. 1.4?

I'm not asking you to make it behave the way I want. Just give me the option to sort the songs from one artist by albums, when there are multiple albums by that artist.

I haven't seen any player, be it on PC or portable media player that sorts songs like Poweramp 2.

Well, I can confirm this behaviour, I can't think of a way to get it to do what you want - seems a bit silly to me - only to say that if you have artists in separate folders then it works as you want in folders mode!

• 2 weeks later...

Please! Is it possible to get the playing order to be like it was up to ver. 1.4?

I'm not asking you to make it behave the way I want. Just give me the option to sort the songs from one artist by albums, when there are multiple albums by that artist.

I haven't seen any player, be it on PC or portable media player that sorts songs like Poweramp 2.

created an account just to post this: in album view sort them by year & it should then sort the albums correctly

• 6 months later...

Archived