Bluetooth buttons not working properly in latest build 892

Sabin Chhetri

Hi

I have latest build of Poweramp. i am facing following issues with bluetooth headset

1. While listening music, if notification comes, the music volume is reduced. But it never gets back to original volume. I have to kill Poweramp and launch it back to get original volume.
2. When I pause the music via headset, music gets paused, but resume does not work. I have to restart my phone to get Poweramp work again
3. When Previous and next button of headset is pressed, music stops and Power doesn't work unless I restart my phone again.

I am sure its Poweramp bug as I didn't have these problems in previous build.

Headset: Soundcore Life Q10
Device: Pixel Experience Rom on Poco F1

Thanks
Sabin

12 hours ago, maxmp said:

Could you please test same scenarios with any other player? Poweramp APIs support in this regard are stable and hasn’t been changed/touched recently.

Hi 

I tested with other players, and it works all well. The problem is in current build I think. I have discovered new issue that is related to one I described in my original post. While playing, in Poweramp, if I swipe to seek little further of the song, the playback stops and Poweramp starts acting weird. And I have to restart device again.

I have uploaded the video in Youtube
If you carefully see, the elapsed time is not working properly, also if you see  seek bar graphic, you can see what actually happens. I didn't have this issue in previous build.

Thanks
Sabin

10 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the video. This seems like unresponsive output issue. I suggest switching audio output in Poweramp (switch to Audiotrack if it’s OpenSL now, or to OpenS otherwise).

I did that too, but still same issue, it won't work unless I restart the device.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the video. This seems like unresponsive output issue. I suggest switching audio output in Poweramp (switch to Audiotrack if it’s OpenSL now, or to OpenS otherwise).

1. I tried switching between output - same issue.
  2. I also tried with another bluetooth headset - same issue.
  3. I backed up  the settings, cleared app's storage and imported the settings again - Same issue.

Thanks,
    Sabin

2 hours ago, Sabin Chhetri said:

I backed up  the settings, cleared app's storage and imported the settings again - Same issue.

Did you test after clearing app data but before resorting the original settings (i.e. with default options)? Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing the BT device? I can't see why it would have changed, or affect things in this way, but check the No DVC for BT Absolute Volume option in Settings > Audio > DVC.

Andre

@Sabin Chhetri I tested 892 on Poco F1 (MIUI12.0.2.0 OTA) and I can't confirm any issues with the control via headset. 

If you're using LDAC of Hi-Res output (and it works for you when non-LDAC/non-Hi-Res output is used), most probably it's ROM bug when it can't understand it's playing hi-res music. Settings / Advanced Tweaks / Emulate Media Stream (for Hi-Res output) may help then (or better update ROM and report to ROM authors, as the bug is caused by Android 2.3-days old code not aware of hi-res audio and being copy-pasted to the recent ROMs).

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Sabin Chhetri I tested 892 on Poco F1 (MIUI12.0.2.0 OTA) and I can't confirm any issues with the control via headset. 

If you're using LDAC of Hi-Res output (and it works for you when non-LDAC/non-Hi-Res output is used), most probably it's ROM bug when it can't understand it's playing hi-res music. Settings / Advanced Tweaks / Emulate Media Stream (for Hi-Res output) may help then (or better update ROM and report to ROM authors, as the bug is caused by Android 2.3-days old code not aware of hi-res audio and being copy-pasted to the recent ROMs).

I cleared app cache and this time i didn't import the previous settings. I re-configured the PA settings. No issue so far. So likely new build has something to do with  old settings that made PA behave weird.

Archived