Trial version won't unlock on car Android head unit

Auto-TaT

Hello folks,

After using the trial version of Poweramp I decided to pay for the license to unlock it.

The transaction was carried out through google play.

I had to make the purchase on my mobile phone indoors.

On returning to the vehicle I am being prompted to purchase or redeem the unlock app.

I am being redirected to google play with the only option being to purchase the app again. Even when trying this I then get an error message from google telling me I have already purchased it.

I downloaded the trial version onto my mobile and it immediately picked up that I had purchased the unlock app and gave me full access.

I try'd removing and reinstalling the trial version on the android head unit but I am just getting the trial expired message.

I cannot open any part of the program.

Is this a Poweramp issue or a google account issue?

I have looked through the FAQs on here and try'd a search but could not find resolution.

Thanks for any help.

43 minutes ago, Auto-TaT said:

Hello folks,

After using the trial version of Poweramp I decided to pay for the license to unlock it.

The transaction was carried out through google play.

I had to make the purchase on my mobile phone indoors.

On returning to the vehicle I am being prompted to purchase or redeem the unlock app.

I am being redirected to google play with the only option being to purchase the app again. Even when trying this I then get an error message from google telling me I have already purchased it.

I downloaded the trial version onto my mobile and it immediately picked up that I had purchased the unlock app and gave me full access.

I try'd removing and reinstalling the trial version on the android head unit but I am just getting the trial expired message.

I cannot open any part of the program.

Is this a Poweramp issue or a google account issue?

I have looked through the FAQs on here and try'd a search but could not find resolution.

Thanks for any help.

Did you download and install the same unlocker on the car unit? It will need to have access to the web to verify for a period of time, but after that you should be good to go.

Hi, thanks for responding. I try'd to but google play wouldn't let me as I have already purchased it (on my phone).

I will try to keep the car connected to the web for as much of tomorrow as possible and see if it finally 'clicks'.

2 minutes ago, Auto-TaT said:

Hi, thanks for responding. I try'd to but google play wouldn't let me as I have already purchased it (on my phone).

I will try to keep the car connected to the web for as much of tomorrow as possible and see if it finally 'clicks'.

It should allow you to reinstall. If it is already purchased, Google won't charge you twice.

That's the problem, it's not giving me the option to reinstall as it sees that I already have it. It might be because I am hot-spoting through the phone that has it installed. Tomorrow I might try to park right against the house in the hope that I can pick up the home wifi and try again.

Go to the Play Store app > My apps & games > Library tab > install Poweramp Unlocker from the list.

If that doesn't work, clear app data for the Play Store app and try again.

If you are using the phone as a mobile wifi hotspot all it will be doing is providing an internet connection, just like any other wireless router, so it shouldn't matter what is or isn't installed on the phone.

Andre

Well unfortunately that didn't work, neither did google plays on suggestions.

But then, just as I was about to give up it suddenly took and now I have the full licensed version.

There are a couple of bugs but I'll start new threads in the main forum for help with those.

Thanks for all the help, it is very much appreciated. 

Archived