Poweramp will not load/scan my MP3's on SD Card Using Amazon Fire Tablet

gb72

Tried scanning files on my Fat32 SD Card multiple times and it appears that Poweramp is unable to scan or find the files. I am using Amazon Fire Tablet. Other audio players are able to locate/scan and play my files. Neither Rescan nor Full Rescan resolve this issue. When selecting "Music Folders" I can see the SD Card, but not my self created folder. I got to thinking that maybe Poweramp is not Fat32 compatible, since my tablet will only accept that for SD Cards. I was able to use Poweramp with an external hard drive that is NTFS, but I have to use Total Commander App & exFAT/NTFS For USB App to make it work. Any ideas?

Sounds like you have not granted access permissions, are you using Android 10 or 11 ? On older versions you can grant access to the whole SD Card as you would expect, but more recently you can only do for a folder layer. If you can't get the regular method to work, try Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode which currently still works at least up to Android 11.

Andre

I located the problem! All permissions were granted. I noticed that there was an option to actually move the Poweramp App To SD Card itself.  I did this and now it works. This is on Fire OS Fire Tablet (8th Generation).

Archived