Listening statistics

xelaroc

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the app (bought it about 3 months ago), and the main reasons I chose Poweramp among the others are the "Most Played" category displaying the exact amount of times a song has been played, and the large number of customizable settings overall. 

I'm really happy of this feature, and I'd be glad to have access to more general and specific listening data, such as :

• time spent playing music;
  • time spent playing music by artists ordered by most played, (or albums/genres/whatever);
  • time spent playing music by headset/bluetooth;

and all these would be viewable by (day?)/week/month/year/overall or any period of time. It would also be interesting to consider number of plays instead of minutes spent (like a togglable thing), which is already partially done with the default Most Played list.

Before listening to my music on Poweramp on my current phone, I was using the default player of my old Sony phone and one of the pre-installed sony app (Lifelog) was doing a similar (but way less complete) work. Attached: a screenshot of what it offered.

[Translation: Day/Week/Month/Year // August 2020 // 376:49 hours // Daily average : 12:09 hours // 5 most played songs (of the month)]

I'm not really into data management, SQL and this type of things so I don't really know how hard it would be to implement a feature like that, but I would love to see my detailled listening statistics!

Thank you

Screenshot_20201202-124412.png

@xelaroc yes.  This would be so cool. All my friends are sharing their top artists, top songs & top genre etc (From Spotify Wrapped) I'm a long time Poweramp user and since I don't like online streaming services I'm just sticking with the local music player.  So I think if @maxmpcould implement this feature where it shows our top artists, top album, top genre and total hours or minutes we've listened to songs, that would be really awesome. 👍 below is a screenshot from Spotify 👇

IMG_20201202_182427_790.jpg

@Jaded Scorpion Yup, Spotify Wrapped is what finally motivated me to find this forum and write this feature suggestion, even though I've always thought that a proper listening statistics tool would be awesome. I appreciate that Spotify somewhat does that, although I find it's not complete enough (at least not as much as I would like) and it's only once a year.

@xelaroc very true. There are some other local players which shows listening statistics For Example Black player shows top artists, top albums and most played tracks, but the reason I'm not using that App is nothing can come close to Poweramp's audio quality and buttery smooth UI. I hope that dev @maxmp will take this into consideration 🙏

24h ago I didn't know that I "needed"/wanted any stats from my music app... then I got an hint that the developer of SongOwl, the music player that I use on my iPhone had developed a new app PlayTally which produces stats et.c. on iPhone. And now the geek in me awoke and I would love to have it for my primary music player.

It does seem like a nice fun feature and presumably would not be hard to implement - although perhaps other long-requested features probably ought to take priority.

I'm guessing that a third-party app might be able to do this pretty easily too, as PA stores the last-played position, play count, etc for each song in its database anyway. Maybe @flyingdutchman could add something to his New Playlist Manager app?

Andre

@andrewilley Thank you for letting me know about flyingdutchman's app! 

Since you seem to be well aware of how the apps works/manages data etc., I'd like to ask: is there a way to have access to the database you're talking about? So I could export the data I want and make my own statistics with it. If not, would it be possible to add a import/export feature for Most Played songs? That could be great for at least two reasons: making my own statistics with exported data, and import data if I were to change my phone/reset the counters accidentally.

Maybe should I do a proper feature request thread to explain how I would see this import/export feature (if it's not already possible).

Thank you

@flyingdutchman hey, thank you for your answer! I've downloaded your app to try the export as .csv option and the back up PA ratings option, but I'm having trouble understanding why none of them seem to work fine.

• When I try to back up Poweramp ratings, I get a notification (which does not evolve) saying "Export of Poweramp ratings started", but nothing happens next. I've tried many times (uninstalling/reinstalling the app almost everytime because and the app crashed and I couldn't open it again), and when it finally worked, the .txt file was not in the folder specified in the settings.
  • I don't know why but in the Poweramp playlists menu, I can't use "Export all tracks to cvs format" option in "Playlist Action" menu. The option is (only?) available in the Library>Tracks options menu (as "Export all tracks to csv format"), but when I try to use it I only get a notification (non-clickable) saying "csv export completed" with the path "/storage/emulated/0/playlist_manager/null" even though no csv file is to be found in the folder playlist_manager.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A71 on Android 10 by the way.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Archived