YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

On 8/13/2021 at 3:21 PM, flyingdutchman said:

also fixed. just a little bug but I squashed it

Thanks. The transparency of the central play/pause button still seems a bit  inconsistent compared to its neighbours though, it's definitely still slightly more transparent than the << and >> buttons. Blue Grey 1000 Opaque button background:
image.png
Also, the metadata line max width during playback can overlap the counters if they are even moderately large (Timings font size set to 14sp in above example).

Thanks for adding the background to the meta line in headers, makes it much more readable, but could you just tweak the left margin a bit, as the background box for the meta line is not left-justified the same as the others. Also, for Compact Headers, the text vertical positioning overlaps a bit:
image.png

Andre

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, all my skin settings just got wiped - everything, back to what I assume is a clean newly installed slate (below). I tried re-importing my saved settings from my most recent backup file (about a week ago) but while the main PA app settings were all imported fine, none of the $YAPS$ settings have been restored. Hrmph, that's going to take me all day to try to get back to where I was before. :(

image.png

Would a copy of the backup file throw any light on this do you think?

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

For some reason, all my skin settings just got wiped

It happens from time to time after updating, it is really annoying to be honest... Pretty much this is the best skin ever, but when it happens, that takes a massive amount of time fiddling around, setting back everything the way it was before, with variable success. Maybe it will be the exact same, or  just so-so. I'm really thinking about to say good bye to this skin just for this reason, but I try my best to be patient, and fiddling around once again.

Edited by Xander71

@Xander71 

the skin is quite different from the others as it offers individual customisation of most elements of Poweramp.

As a result, there are lots of settings to mantain.

Other skins are much simpler in their approach where one colour setting is applied to lots of elements and thus easier to mantain.

For example, the ability to define your own colour gradients of the borders rather than selecting a preset from a list.

Neither do they offer additional options such as for instance volume sliders or spectrums on the front ui, not to mention the several landscape options.

So yes, the downside is that sometimes it goes wrong, the upside is that you can create your own unique look.

@flyingdutchman I know this is an advanced skin and I really like it for this reason, I understand that sometimes things can go wrong and I know you are the only developer working on our favourite  skin, hats off to you, really.  I just want to skip this fiddling around hours after every one or two updates thing, if possible in some ways.

For example, in this audio info window I spent literally one hour trying every possible settings to make the black text readable by changing its color. It's still black and unreadable to my eyes...

Screenshot_20210822-025346_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.6ca67b4b8865d0d43f82dce0e346ef56.jpg

In here the setting window transparent, it was black before. The only way to make it black if I set the navigation bar color to be black, but that looks ugly so I have to leave it that way.

Screenshot_20210822-025444_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.e9efa563ef3a6f521ca10a158b87a5de.jpg

Doing this almost every one or two updates, that takes a lot of patience which I don't really have, this is is my only problem with this skin....

@Xander71 thias was one of the recent changes and clearly not working as intended. I will revert it to the setting for app text colour 

Also remember these releases are never "production releases" as I do not have the time nor resources to test thoroughly. Neither would you get theregular updates  that make the skin what it is today.

Best approach is always to drop me an email with an issue.

I've never had all my skin settings wiped before - I don't think it was immediately following an update. It seems unlikely anyway, as my auto-updates usually occur overnight and as it happens build 160 downloaded last night at 1:15am - which was a few hours after I experienced the settings wipe, so I'm guessing it's unlikely that it also updated during the day on Saturday too, which was when the problem occurred.

But what concerns me more is despite my due diligence in keeping Settings backups, the skin options are not being restored from my week-old backup. Or from older backups. I've even tried wiping PA data for a clean start, then restoring settings from last week's backup, and all the PA stuff restores fine, it's just $YAPS$ that fails. [Silly me, when doing this I forgot to make a new backup of the Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ folder before wiping data; too used to the old underscore version which would survive re-installs. So I foolishly lost all my recently downloaded art - but that's not really critical for me, it'll auto-download again]

I've just done some quick tests, and if I create a new Settings backup today, the $YAPS$ options (build 160) in that file do restore correctly as expected. But the older ones still fail.

I wonder if I installed an older build of $YAPS$ (whatever would have been in place on 10 August anyway?) then the settings might restore from the 10 August file correctly? Re-creating my various settings (or even finding some of the options again! :) ) would be a very long-winded task.

Andre

I haven't tried any third party skins yet, but I wanted to ask if there are any skins that make it possible to have BOTH the +10/-10 sec buttons as well as category change buttons.

Default PA options only allow for one or the other. Thanks.

30 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@Joe Tsai unfortunately not.

That's surprising. Because there are definitely lots of space available, for instance one could place the +10/-10 sec buttons under the next/previous song buttons, while keeping the original next/previous category buttons where they were. Sucks having to choose one over the other.

Screenshot_20210829-134936_Poweramp.thumb.png.338ca238e763b70ce5ec82b03eef5b90.png

I just got this skin today. Unfortunately, I can't get the background album blur to work in library view or anywhere outside of the main player screen. Any idea what could be causing this problem? The preset backgrounds (e.g. brick wall) work just fine. I'm using Poweramp v911.

Screenshot_20210831-180449_Poweramp.png

@CrimsonBird While you can't apply album art blur to anything other than the Player screen (that would need to be added as a feature in the core app, skins can't do it on their own) you can do it the other way around and set a pattern or gradient background for use in both the Library and Player screens. It's static though, it does not change with each new song.

image.png  image.png

Oh, and background Visualizations can be applied to the Library screens too.

Andre

Just a thought, but as I don't think it's possible to dynamically adjust box sizes based on their neighbours' content, could you add an adjustment factor for the width of the metadata box? Sometimes with longer song durations (and especially greater than an hour) the boxes can overlap if you have the counters beside the meta line. It might also be better to layer the metadata box behind the counter boxes, that way even if they do overlap you'll only lose the end of the metadata text, which isn't so relevant.

image.png

Andre

I've always loved this skin but I've had an issue with it since it was updated. The text sizes have completely changed and there seems to be no way of making it as it was before. This is especially noticeable on my list. I've found myself reverting back to the free version which is a bit of a pity as there's obviously less options on there.

I've put some pics of both full and free options. The album size on the updated full one seems to be smaller in the list too. I've also gone through all the settings, just wondered if I'm missing something. Please help!!

Screenshot_20210918-102407_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20210918-102610_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20210918-103058_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20210918-103155_Poweramp.jpg