YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Next release V137 (subject to Google's release)

- additional option Poweramp V2 style play buttons

- additional option to apply PowerampV2 style to the front 4 buttons, time elapsed, duration, play count and metadata 

- improved graphics for the silver button in the equaliser screens (a more skeuomorphic design)

Screenshot_2021-04-24-15-54-50-99_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.jpg

On 4/24/2021 at 11:04 AM, flyingdutchman said:

Next release V137 (subject to Google's release)

Standard and reflected landscape layouts are ok, but with the car mode enabled the text in V137 is crushed into the waveseekbar. Can these be moved up into the blank space higher in the display?

Screenshot_20210427-141225.png

• 3 weeks later...

On the most recent two updates, the Pro Button colour mapping seems to have broken for the middle icon of the Poweramp Default icon set - Play symbol is fine, but the Pause icon is the wrong colour.

image.png

By the way, is it possible to make the 'Gradient Grey' icons follow the rest of the chosen colour scheme, or are they pure bitmapped images (they do look like it)?

Andre

@andrewilley i did work on the playbuttons. Now each button uses one defined parent style rather than each button having its own. Code becomes a lot easier to maintain that way.

I will check the pause button.

As for the gradient grey, i created those using adobe illustrator which creates vector images. These types of images can scale without losing definition, unlike bitmaps or .png.  Android Studio is able to import these but then you cannot change them.

Coming up in the next version:

for each main group of colours, I have added a gradient colour.  So an additional 25 gradient colours giving over 200 colours to choose from. 

The big difference wih similar offerings in other skins is that you can apply different gradients to different elements so it is totally up to you where  you apply a colour or gradient colour.

below and example

gradient_examples.png

15 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

Coming up in the next version:

for each main group of colours, I have added a gradient colour.  So an additional 25 gradient colours giving over 200 colours to choose from. 

Looks lovely, but now I'm going to be spending hours and hours tweaking things again.

Andre

Google is taking its time in releasing the latest version but I can promise you it is going to blow your mind !!

Once it has been released, a nice challenge for the users, post screenshost of your design !!

The possible variations are endless

Here is a taster

image.thumb.png.e55b44794b8e7d17206e634523965476.pngimage.thumb.png.ab5b3b658a74cdb98d63fa3684e06470.png 

Latest release V145 has been published on Google Play. Keep an eye out as tt may take some time for it to show.

The gradient is created by setting a start colour, mid colour and an end colour. The spread of the colours can be altered by changing the angle of the gradient and/or changing the X and/or Y positions

At the moment there are 26 colours to choose from giving you 263   (17576) possible combinations so you can create your own unique background