YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@greynolds hiding those top displays is possible but I will need to add those options. It is not available at the moment. On the ToDo list :)

I guess that explains why I couldn't find it. :)  Thanks for the response - any rough idea how soon this option might be added?

2 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@greynolds Perhaps it is available. You can set the background of the buttons etc by selecting 

image.png.6b74977d89f53b0e95896baf49fb4b4a.png

folloed by 

image.png.568b7e79454ad9792707b0a0e2e0ee5b.png

That definitely helps (a lot, actually), but it would still be useful to be able to turn off display of the album cover there.  No matter what color is chosen, there's bound to be an album cover where the buttons blend in with the chosen color.  It's not too big a deal when using the app on a phone, but when using it in a car situation, it's important to have things as uncluttered as reasonably possible.  The same thing applies to the album page as well - the cover art is displayed in the top region and has the same issue with potentially obscuring the buttons.

Another item that some feedback would be appreciated on is the balancing act of getting text big enough for car mode, but not running into issues with overlapping controls.

I need to check this out more on my car's display, as I've been doing much of the testing on a spare Samsung S8 that I have around (it's cold in the car this time of year :)), but when in landscape mode, some of the controls overlap each other on the artist and album pages:

Artist Page

Artist Album Page

On the artist page, the navigation to go back to Album Artists (or where ever you came from) slightly overlaps the artist name just below it.

On the album page, the name of the selected album is completely obscured.

I have the following font sizes selected:

Track font size: 12.0

Album/Artist font size: 12.0

Library List font size: 12.0

Scale Library font: 1

Meta Info font size: 12sp

Timings font size: 12sp

I have no idea how much flexibility there is with moving fields around with a skin, but having the option to move the album name to the right of the navigation back to Artist Albums or put the album name and artist onto the same row would probably help here.

For example:

Instead of:

[^ Artist Albums]

[Drive]

[Alan Jackson]

[13|49:43|2002]

Display it as:

[^ Artist Albums]   [Alan Jackson]

[Drive]

Or as:

[^ Artist Albums]

[Alan Jackson]   [Drive]

@greynolds looking at hiding the albumart in the header, I realise this had already been implemented previously but when maxmp introduced a similar feature in presenting the library views, my approach became redundant. I have revived it but just for the albumart in the headers

image.thumb.png.d1667d6708a5d5ab48534531e427c83f.png

as for thext sizes, It is almost (if not totally) impossible to ensure items do not overlap when large fonts are used. There are just too many display sizes out there. The only solution is to hide certain artifacts. Quite willing to look at maximising it for your device(s) so please send sceenshots by email. For maintenance issues I prefer emails rather than the forum.

7 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@greynolds looking at hiding the albumart in the header, I realise this had already been implemented previously but when maxmp introduced a similar feature in presenting the library views, my approach became redundant. I have revived it but just for the albumart in the headers

image.thumb.png.d1667d6708a5d5ab48534531e427c83f.png

as for thext sizes, It is almost (if not totally) impossible to ensure items do not overlap when large fonts are used. There are just too many display sizes out there. The only solution is to hide certain artifacts. Quite willing to look at maximising it for your device(s) so please send sceenshots by email. For maintenance issues I prefer emails rather than the forum.

Excellent.  I'll contact you via email for the other items.  Thanks!

I'm not even sure where the lighter grey is coming from, it's not any of my Background Colours in Skin Settings. Apart from the Player Mark (Blue 400 Opaque) all of the backgrounds are darker colours such as Blue/Grey 1000 and Black.

It happens in other places too:

image.png

image.png

By the way, is there a way to make the backgrounds for the player screen popup options opaque? The popup menus for long-presses on Viz, Sleep, Repeat, and Shuffle look a bit strange with fully transparent backgrounds, even though the rest of the interface is dimmed a bit:

image.png

Andre

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is a buglette or not, but where does the dark green colour for the subscript notes come from? I suspect it should be the same colour as the rest of the text, but I can't find anywhere in my settings where I have any green colours enabled at all, and it's not very readable like this:

image.png

Andre

The PA default skins seem to use the same colour as for the section sector header text - which is just a slight shade different from the main radio button text. Just being the same colour as the main text would be absolutely fine though.

image.png image.png

Andre

Hi, for some reason today the album, track and artist detail has moved up onto the artwork!! Have you any idea what might be the issue? It's been absolutely fine up until now. I have my text aligned to the left by the way. If I change it to Poweramp default in misc options the text moves back underneath the artwork. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance there has been any progress on removing the text label from the Back buttons so that the left margin feature you added doesn't have to contend with text of variable length to resolve the issues with using the skin in a car mode situation?

• 2 weeks later...