YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@flyingdutchman Personally I'd align them all by their bounding box vertical midlines, rather than the baselines - to allow for instances where the user has (for example) set the running time much bigger than the metadata line:

Rather like the track counter does with the control icons:

I’d agree with this for most of the elements, centred based on mid lines for horizontal and vertical assets. The exception would be where other items are set, such as the left alignment for the header tags, etc.

@flyingdutchman Many thanks for your regular app updates, and for seeking our feedback in cases like this. I do hope you know that it is most appreciated!

7 minutes ago, Riv Kaplun said:

Exist a way to put this site of the page the font more high but the font on the album page leave it a less big? - $yaps$

Yes, $YAPS$ Settings > Font Options > Font Sizes > Scale Library Font. This uses the main 'Track Font Size' as its reference, and reduces it by the factor you choose. 

1 hour ago, Riv Kaplun said:

Thank u, and in the library doesn't appears me the artist name

That depends on the size and type of view that you have chosen for that Library list, Pinch the screen larger or smaller with two fingers to select through from about 10 different options: grid, list, small list without artwork, etc.

Andre

15 minutes ago, Riv Kaplun said:

Exist a way to only change this page background? - $yaps$

Lots of ways. Start in the main PA Settings > Background and set blur / intensity / etc for a faded background image. Or in $YAPS$ you can set gradient or solid colours - e.g. in $YAPS$ Settings > Colour Background Options > App Background Options or Colour Background Options > Gradient Background.

There are so many options between the main PA settings and $YAPS$, it's worth spending a bit of time trying them out for yourself and see what you like best.

Andre

On 6/19/2021 at 3:43 PM, andrewilley said:

Might not be related, but I recently noticed that when the control button backgrounds are set to an Opaque colour, the transparency value of just the central Play/Pause button seems to change slightly when it transitions between states. Wasn't really worth mentioning on its own, but in case it's linked:

image.png

image.png

Andre

Did you get a chance to look at this by the way, it still seems to be happening for just the centre button when the buttons are set to an opaque background: the background appears to get even more translucent when it is playing compared to the paused state.

[Edit] I just noticed a similar oddity with gradient backgrounds too: the gradient effect only seems to be shown when the middle button is active - or for the other buttons, briefly during a tap event. Here the Music Button Background Colour is set to Gradient Blue Grey.

Paused:
image.png

Playing:
image.png

The other buttons briefly show the gradient effect when you press them.

Andre

ProButton Icons: Poweramp Default
Music Buttons Background Colour: Blue/Grey 700 Opaque
Circle/Square Colour: Gradient Blue/Grey
The middle Play/Pause button background transparency changes with state (gets more transparent when playing) ; no circle effects
image.png

ProButton Icons: Poweramp Default
Music Buttons Background: Gradient Blue/Grey
The middle play/pause button shows the gradient effect only when playing, but not when paused ; no circle effects
image.png

ProButton Icons: App Default
Music Buttons Background: Blue/Grey 700 Opaque
Button look stays consistent between play/pause states ; no background transparency effect
image.png

ProButton Icons: App Default
Music Buttons Background: Gradient Blue/Grey
Seems correct in both states, I think
image.png

I tend to normally use the PA Default button style as there is a bit more breathing space around the icons. On the App Default versions, the <<< and >>> especially seem a bit tight to the edges, making them look a bit 'chunky'. I think my personal ideal would probably be something like the gradient colour and circle effects from the fourth image, but with PA Default icon styles.

Andre

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

tend to normally use the PA Default button style as there is a bit more breathing space around the icons. On the App Default versions, the <<< and >>> especially seem a bit tight to the edges, making them look a bit 'chunky'. I think my personal ideal would probably be something like the gradient colour and circle effects from the fourth image, but with PA Default icon styles.

@andrewilley just reread the post, i will reduce the size of the next/prev categories. Just released a new one so it will be in the next release