YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

13 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@greynolds if your display is diffferent than the screenshot, drop me an email with model etc of your device. Better still, send me a screenshot using my dimension utility which you can download here

Thanks - I will try to get you the info you're asking for in the next day or so.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

I am considering to create another app, based upon bigyapss, purely for android auto

This could be pretty useful. Is there a way for Poweramp to define a skin by use, similar to how the audio EQ is applied? So if “BT car” is connected, switch to the AA skin, if hi-res is connected, switch to main player skin, etc. I don’t see anything in the current skin or general UI settings, but maybe this can be added @maxmp?

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

@greynolds i looked back over earlier conversations. Although the development environment has an android auto emulator, it does not run Poweramp unfortunately. I am considering to create another app, based upon bigyapss, purely for android auto

Yeah, something dedicated to auto use could have some real potential.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:01 PM, flyingdutchman said:

@greynolds if your display is diffferent than the screenshot, drop me an email with model etc of your device. Better still, send me a screenshot using my dimension utility which you can download here

I just emailed you the screenshot from the dimension utility.

I can obviously try this myself by exporting my settings and looking at the file, but is the export file something human readable (such as JSON) such that we could potentially share skin configurations with each other by copy/pasting that section of the settings export file?  I would think that would be useful not only for sharing configurations, but potentially useful for Theo when providing support.

5 minutes ago, greynolds said:

I can obviously try this myself by exporting my settings and looking at the file, but is the export file something human readable (such as JSON) such that we could potentially share skin configurations with each other by copy/pasting that section of the settings export file?  I would think that would be useful not only for sharing configurations, but potentially useful for Theo when providing support.

This file has all of your Poweramp settings, including the skin and ALL others. Sharing it may not be ideal.

14 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

This file has all of your Poweramp settings, including the skin and ALL others. Sharing it may not be ideal.

That's why I was asking if it was human readable such that just the skin settings could be copied/pasted...

Update on the exporting/importing of settings

it appears to work. I have to redo the locations for the music folders but otherwise it seems to work. Imports only on purchased version so not ideal from a development point of view as I build virtual devices using the 2 weeks grace period.

Once this expires I rebuild the device from scratch

On 7/11/2021 at 4:46 PM, Beda said:

I am very satisfied with the look and feel of mine Poweramp+YASP config 😉

PowerAMP-YAPS-HeadUnit-SimpleOrange.png

Am I correct in assuming that you haven't selected the Car Mode option under YAPS > Skin Settings > Miscellaneous Options > "Car Mode"?  I don't see a way to get the cover art to display as you have it when "Car Mode" is selected.  The tradeoff is that if "Car Mode" isn't selected, the other screens for selecting something to play from the library don't render properly on my display (some of the labels overlap each other).

The recent discussion has prompted me to take another look at things.  The recent changes Theo has made have resulted in things looking much better on my car's display.  We've discussed a few things via email and he has made a few additional changes that I don't think have been released yet, but overall Poweramp is now very usable for me as long as I have "Car Mode" selected.

9 hours ago, greynolds said:

Am I correct in assuming that you haven't selected the Car Mode option under YAPS > Skin Settings > Miscellaneous Options > "Car Mode"?  [...]

yes, i not have selected CarMode, is normal mode with customize YAPS settings :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to create something like this from Retro music player screenshot, Volume Slider at bottom permanently is necessary for me, Can anyone help/guide achieving similar to this screenshot?

Screenshot_2021-08-05-20-22-23-95.jpg

Edited by JunoMarian

@JunoMarian at the moment you can replace the seekbar with the volume slider as in my example. Ifyou are looking for a seekbar too, I can have a look at adding that.

Options for  the volume slider are below albumart, left or right and replace seekbar.

As for some other display changes, you can hide the album/artist, show/hide all or any of the 4 buttons (they will not change position though as in your screenshot)

There are many options for play buttons, again show or hide fast forward/rewind, next/previous category.

As backgound you have many options, a wide range of solid colours, but also gradients for each of the main ones.

In addition, you can create your own gradient background.

You can always email me with specific questions of course

image.png.53a54afb4ba69110c42d152117bb1a53.png

8 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@JunoMarian at the moment you can replace the seekbar with the volume slider as in my example. Ifyou are looking for a seekbar too, I can have a look at adding that.

Options for  the volume slider are below albumart, left or right and replace seekbar.

As for some other display changes, you can hide the album/artist, show/hide all or any of the 4 buttons (they will not change position though as in your screenshot)

There are many options for play buttons, again show or hide fast forward/rewind, next/previous category.

As backgound you have many options, a wide range of solid colours, but also gradients for each of the main ones.

In addition, you can create your own gradient background.

image.png.53a54afb4ba69110c42d152117bb1a53.png

It would be great if you add option to add volume bar at bottom. 

JetAudio Player also have this volume slider option. Sadly Poweramp don't have

Screenshot_2021-08-05-20-54-40-69.jpg

In the latest release today

New play buttons of which you can configure the background and circle. It is down to the user to create your own WOW effect

image.png.3b00811dd86e9093a4c1b30ad1e8820d.png

also set the background colour on the text labels on equaliser screens

image.png.bf786e347cb48a28346fedd5c44c591d.png

image.png.371122b38f638357a220583917a2ee04.png

all other options such as font, font size etc remain in place of course

Oops, the vertical justification centring and the maximum width of the metadata line seems to have drifted off again. Samsung Galaxy A70 (I sent you the display data log a while back).

image.png

On the plus side though, the little '>>' icon, or the category/speaker/etc - on the left of the metadata line - is now enclosed and padded nicely within the bounding area. 

Andre