YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

The only skin you will ever need. 

The most configurable skin currently available

poweramp_forum.pngimage.png.1b38cf794b77e669e2be3fb5ee1136f6.png

The forum administrator describes it as follows:

"a Swiss Army Knife of skins, which is really what it is - it doesn't present you with one new finished and polished interface, but a set of tools to build your own look"

Available now on Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=skins.v3.Poweramp.apowerampskin&hl=en

If you have any queries, simply email me. 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might have occurred in a recent update (not sure, only noticed it from 118) but the counter size doesn't seem to go as large as it did before. Previously I thought I could set it larger than the metadata line, but now even with both values set at their maximum 16sp the counters are smaller than even the PA default song-playing size:

image.png

Oh, and this is a really trivial thing, but you do think you could tidy up the positioning of the little 'mode' icons which occur to the right of some metadata text? They should appear either fully inside the bounding box (becoming part of the content centring), or fully outside of it offset to the left of the centred box.

[Edit] While grabbing the above screenshot I noticed that the vertical alignment of the counter text & the metadata text aren't all aligned to a common centreline. So reducing the metadata size back to normal results in a slight vertical offset (green line for reference):

image.png

Sorry, I'll take my nitpicky pedant hat off now. :)

Andre

5 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

I have attempted to fix that little icon quite awhile ago but was not able to find the artifact. As for the sizing, misalignment occurs when scaling is applied. I may have to revert to using font sizes. 

Maybe @maxmp can help with the icon artefact? No problem with using font sizes, I prefer fixed numbers over scaling to be honest.

Andre

I rather assumed the little icon was meant to be inside the bounding area rather than outside? Not sure it serves much point anyway to be honest, the different choices are pretty obvious from the text without needing a little icon to mess up your nice centred layout.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

V121 Released

What's new:

A few user requests:

- default Pwramp library icons

- replaced the blue library icons with a new gradient set with simple graphics

- Added ability to swap track and album/artist positions

- Added option to set track, album/artist text to scroll or static

- New slider for the equaliser, with indicator

further bug fixes, layout adjustments

As always, any issues, get in touch by email

image.png.790d791d3529c2b09ac11ea921fba743.png

2 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

- Added option to set track, album/artist text to scroll or static

Not sure how that different to PA's existing option in Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI? And it override my scrolling setting and turned the feature off when the update occurred.

Andre

I notice you added the scaling animation between playback and pause states for the metadata lines and time displays, however the direction seems reversed compared to the default skins.

That said, the default skins behaviour seems a bit inconsistent anyway: cover art, the metadata line, the track counter, and the two time displays all get larger when playing and shrink when paused, but the control buttons are reversed and they shrink when playing. I never noticed that before! 🤔

In $YAPS$ it's completely reversed though, only the control buttons grow when playing, while everything else shrinks when playing. Personally I think it would be neater and more consistent if all of the scaled elements behave the same way, ideally growing during playback and shrinking when paused.

The weird things you start to notice when you look at things closely...

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Not sure how that different to PA's existing option in Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI? And it override my scrolling setting and turned the feature off when the update occurred.

Andre

it isn't really. Some of the fields were not scrolling in landscape so this way I can ensure it works

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I notice you added the scaling animation between playback and pause states for the metadata lines and time displays, however the direction seems reversed compared to the default skins.

That said, the default skins behaviour seems a bit inconsistent anyway: cover art, the metadata line, the track counter, and the two time displays all get larger when playing and shrink when paused, but the control buttons are reversed and they shrink when playing. I never noticed that before! 🤔

In $YAPS$ it's completely reversed though, only the control buttons grow when playing, while everything else shrinks when playing. Personally I think it would be neater and more consistent if all of the scaled elements behave the same way, ideally growing during playback and shrinking when paused.

The weird things you start to notice when you look at things closely...

Andre

My aim was to make the elapsed/duration, metadata and track counter behave the same when playing. The scaling goes from 0.8 to 1.3.  Lower than 1 makes the fields retreat, 1 keeps them static, above 1 they "advance"  

so " growing during playback and shrinking when paused" is what you get with a value > 1

• 2 weeks later...

New update broke my player screen. The artist and album title is pushed down for some reason and overlapped. I tried every option i could find fur over an hour and i can't change it. I installed the free version and it had no problem there but now I'm missing features. I only updated to play with the fonts and i wish i hadn't because I can't uninstall updates for whatever reason and now i can not go back.

I can't remember what version i was using before the update, i haven't updated since you sent me a previous version in August of 2019 (that update caused significant lag on my wifes phone). I'm thinking it was around 109.

How do i get an older version back? 

$yaps$ v122Screenshot_20201230-153719.thumb.png.3be3ac8b07b55f5a56bdf1912bf5f27f.png

YAPS free V110

Screenshot_20201230-155453.thumb.png.18f0aa404d8faa025fb9cd1ed63211b0.png

Version i was using 

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.b7b9fb56841d7b9769374562cb179757.jpg

On 12/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, flyingdutchman said:

V119 has been released . 

A new feature has ben added called  Car Mode. You will find it in the Miscellaneous menu

image.thumb.png.f3deacbb55e96b4dc73795cb280521bb.png

This is a great new concept for landscape. Might I suggest you add a blur overlay to darken the artwork, maybe more on the top and bottom, less in the middle area? It is especially needed for very bright album covers that make the text very difficult to read. This will help to distinguish the text labels more easily.  Also, the 2nd line of text is masked by the waveseek bar, might need to move both lines higher, or even below the bar?

2 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@MotleyG i appreciate the suggestions. For the moment i am sticking with this as you can hide albumart and also hide the overlapping text. I want to keep this as simple as possible.  I am currently working on the reflective layout in landscape

👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My apologies if my terminology is wrong as I’m still getting up to speed with Poweramp.

I enabled CarMode and then set the Scale Library Font option to 1, which most of the text big enough.

One thing I haven’t been able to figure out is how to disable the cover art that displays at the top of the artist page (the page that displays when I start at the top of the library, select Album Artist, then select an artist).  The top of this page shows the first album cover for the artist along with the category (Album Artist), artist name, and other controls.  The album art makes it difficult to see some of the text and controls, so I’d like to be able to disable it.  Is this possible and if so, where do I configure that?  I’ve looked through the skin settings and tried changing some of the settings that seemed like they might be the correct one, but no luck so far.