YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

16 minutes ago, Squeller said:

There's no slider which moves this one vertically - everything else worked. 

There are four type of slider for that area: two (up/down and left/right) for the Track title line, and another two for the Artist/Album line.

image.png

Andre

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@maxmp,

the moment I style the button that shows when there are lyrics, the styling is fine and button shows as expected, inluding the graphics on it.

image.png.0715ab12edd55ea35c67479d12560254.png

However, when moving onto tracks without lyrics, it does not disappear but shows a small button

image.png.b833f3f9449e0041792c87fef8e55583.png

<style name="ItemTrackLyrics_scene_aa" parent="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:ItemTrackLyrics_scene_aa">
    <item name="android:background">?top_sub_aa_drawable_background</item>
</style>

Without any styling it is behaves normally according to the setting selected

Is there something I am missing?

(Saturday 11 March 23 20:00hrs, V212 just released on Google Play. 
Should be available soon 
- additional options to move Track and Album/Artist further to the left
- fix for the lyrics button by removing the styling
- additional options to move metadata further down

212 downloaded this morning, seems great, all adjustments can now be made as intended.

I even just worked out how to increase the size of the counter/duration timer items now I've put them somewhere where there's more breathing space - it's a font size adjustment, not a bounding-box tweak. So I got there in the end.

Oh, and it's great to see that long-pressing on the far-left counter now works again to reset the playback position to 0:00.

Andre

@flyingdutchman please add the option to move rating down the album art. Further please add the option to center the artist, album artist with lyrics and menu button left right as in the case of default skin.

Currently I m having an issue with lyrics button as well. It is fixed in the middle of the album

Screenshot_20230313-011112.jpg

Edited by James007

You can just turn the Lyrics button off completely (in PA Look and Feel=>Lyrics menu), a vertical swipe on the artwork area does the same thing. You can also turn the Ratings display off in the Player UI menu (I turn both of them off) but you may want to use ratings of course.

Andre

@flyingdutchman, is it possible to add rectangular buttons to the skin in this or similar design?

In my opinion, a rectangular screen and rectangular buttons will be combined in the best way.

If this is possible, how can I help you with this? Draw buttons in vector format? Or something else?

rectangular buttons.jpg

Edited by Vtulkin Sergey

22 minutes ago, Vtulkin Sergey said:

is it possible to add rectangular buttons to the skin in this or similar design?

I think you should be able to do that via Skin Settings=>Fine Tune=>Dynamic Corners. You can change individual element types separately.

Andre

Hey guys,

Just noticed a new issue this morning and not exactly sure if it started with this most recent YAPS update or a previous one. I cannot use the seekbar to skip forward or backward in the song. If I try to swipe on the seekbar, say to fastforward to a specific point in the song, instead it skips tracks forward/backward depending on which way you swipe as if you were swiping on the album artwork. I found that the only way I can seek is to swipe somewhere within the visualization graph that displays behind the Play/Pause buttons, and swiping over the Play/Pause buttons doesn't do anything...so it's a hard area to hit and very difficult to use.

I switched back to the default skin and the problem is not present there...I'm able to seek as expected by swiping on the seekbar.

On 3/13/2023 at 3:32 PM, flyingdutchman said:

@slizzap just send me an export of your Yaps settings so I can check 

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can. I get an error message when I try to export settings (screenshot below). Do you have any other ideas for getting you what you need to troubleshoot this?

20230314_170609.jpg.8c0178530c28834abded0fe7df0323e2.jpg

I did confirm Poweramp has storage permissions when I originally set it up. This is likely tied in with other issues I had when initially setting up PA. For example, I have to enable Legacy mode to access my USB drive with all my FLAC files. I went down that rabbit hole and found some applications that were recommended to be installed, especially since this is on a Joying brand Android head unit. Unfortunately, the installation of Google Files (if memory serves) did not help. So I just left Legacy mode on in the hopes they don't decommission that functionality.