Poweramp builds 888-893

maxmp

Could have had any of the proposed changes from the Poweramp 2 days, like changes to the way it handles Id3 tags (multiple artists, ratings) or smart playlists at least, but instead we've got a more colourful eq settings page.. Well done lads 👏 👏 👏 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, martinkem said:

Could have had any of the proposed changes from the Poweramp 2 days, like changes to the way it handles Id3 tags (multiple artists, ratings) or smart playlists at least, but instead we've got a more colourful eq settings page.. Well done lads 👏 👏 👏 

Just remember that when you're buying a product you're buying the product as it is (especially if it is a one-time payment), the fact that Max tries to satisfy PA community requests is just a bonus. Seconding on the multiple artists tho, right now it's the feature that I'm missing the most, and I think that in order to reach a good implementation of it some community-dev interactions about the topic are needed here on the forum.

3 hours ago, Kundun said:

some community-dev interactions about the topic are needed here on the forum.

There's plenty of discussion on multi- Artist/ Album Artist tagging in the Feature Request section, don't know what else can be added to what's already been discussed. Maybe you should check those threads and see if you have additional input to what's already been discussed.

4 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

There's plenty of discussion on multi- Artist/ Album Artist tagging in the Feature Request section, don't know what else can be added to what's already been discussed. Maybe you should check those threads and see if you have additional input to what's already been discussed.

I've read and partecipated in some Multi-arists related threads, but I don't see a general consensus on how it should be implemented, that's why I say that some community-dev interactions are needed.

9 hours ago, martinkem said:

instead we've got a more colourful eq settings page.. 

The last several months of programming time (remember there is only one developer of Poweramp, @maxmp) have been taken up with building the new stand-alone app version of the PA Equaliser that can be used with other Android audio applications. This has been a long-requested facility in these forums too. The fact that the revised EQ interface has now been ported over to the main app too is a nice bonus, but wasn't the primary aim.

Other new features from the stand-alone app - such as the Audio Compressor / AGC which was also a much-requested facility here - will be ported over soon. Hopefully any other upcoming features - such as perhaps Pitch control or Parametric EQ? - should eventually get implemented in both apps too.

Once the new app is stable and initial tweaks and bugfixes are complete, I'm sure Max will return to further development work on the main PA audio player - presumably including requests such as supporting multiple artist names amongst other things.

Andre

3 hours ago, Lara said:

With this setting I tried to play this and i got low volume output.

The Interstellar track plays OK for me, same levels as my own copy. Try restoring defaults in Settings > Audio > Output. Also check ReplayGain (although this track doesn't have any RG info embedded) and also pre-amp gain setting in case you've accidentally assigned a per-track EQ value to it.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The Interstellar track plays OK for me, same levels as my own copy. Try restoring defaults in Settings > Audio > Output. Also check ReplayGain (although this track doesn't have any RG info embedded) and also pre-amp gain setting in case you've accidentally assigned a per-track EQ value to it.

Andre

Worked For me. Thanks. Problem was in Replay Gain.

So, I was here changing some stuff on the skin settings and I reminded of something. I think this was a topic here for a while but then it died down, but I can't really remember why so sorry if this was already replied and I'm asking again, but...

I remember that the very first beta versions of Poweramp V3, that one with the old layout still, it had an option to set the background color as a solid color based on the album art. I hadn't seen this setting after the new layout, but hear me out:

Couldn't we use something similar to make a dynamic accent color? I mean, when the album art changes, the accent color changes as well. Kinda like it happens with the notification on Android 7+ (I think it's after 7, or might be 8).

So something like that from the older V3 layout to pick a solid color based on the album art, but instead of settling it as the background color, set it as the accent color. I know I'm talking about custom skins here since the default ones we can't change that (at least not that I remember), but for custom skins to be able to do that the player itself needs to be able to decide the color based on the album art and send it to the custom skin to apply, right? That sounds like it could work? Or maybe I'm just delusional? I'm not a developer so I don't know how hard that would be to make...

Tl;dr using the old V3 layout "engine" that sets a solid background color based on the album art but instead of using it to background, use it as a source for dynamic accent colors on custom skins.

Btw, really loving the customizable equalizer on the main player app! Unhealthy amounts of fine tuning, lol

Thanks for build 892, Max. Works smoothly on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (Android 10).

I see someone brought up the colourful visualization seen in a post above and also seen on the right side of the forum page under 'posted images'. 

Is that a visualization image taken from the current PA version (spesific setting?), from a 3rd party skin, or something the member perhaps wants for PA, does anyone know?

Archived