Add Lyric Download and Show Support

Kawoser

I've been using Poweramp for a long. Though Poweramp can't provide a better music lyric support yet. Can't download lyrics through Poweramp as well as can't read lyric downloaded lyric.

Please make an quick update as if supports a better lyric system.

Lyric display from existing embedded lyrics, or searching and display via the internet, is already supported within Poweramp. Tap the three-dots menu icon in the player screen and select Lyrics.

At some point in the future this support may be extended to include access to LRC sidecar files and/or synchronisation of lyrics (karaoke-style) but there is no specific timeframe for those new features.

In the meantime, for LRC support, you might want to check out this third-party app:

Andre

9 minutes ago, Kawoser said:

By the way, like other music player I can't download lyrics and save it for offline.

Correct, that is not an option. I can't think of any Android media player that does that to be honest. You'd need to manually download your lyrics and then use a tag editor program to insert your newly found content into the files.

Andre

• 2 years later...

as it shows this conversation was for november 2020 and now its feb 2023 yet app cant show lyric like other normal free music players and its anoying cuse right now even default music players of android like samsung musics and Mi player would show lyric files even in the lock screen and would detect the lines and change each like when singer pass one it ahould be in the app by now its years that i use this app and its not in it please make the update

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Erfanam said:

Can ve import lyrics from clipboard?

Only indirectly. You could save the contents of the clipboard into a plain text file with the same filename and location as the related music file, but using the extension ".LRC" to indicate it contains lyrics. Then Poweramp will be able to display those lyrics whenever the song is playing. 

Andre

Poweramp generally doesn't modify files on-the-fly anyway - for both performance and data-integrity reasons. Modifying existing tags manually is possible, but nothing that would occur behind the scenes such as downloaded album artwork, ratings, lyrics, etc. It's a moot point for the time being anyway, as Poweramp has no mechanism to source online lyrics for itself, and currently any third-party solution doesn't provide any data back to Poweramp.

Andre

• 1 month later...

I'm using Omnia and Poweramp, Poweramp is very attractive with the appearance but everytime i want to add the lyrics to the offline music files, i have to use Omnia.
Do you have any plan to add this function ? i will greatly appreciate

@buikhoi2597 There are plans to allow the existing Info/Tags editor facility in Poweramp to modify the Lyrics tag too, which would allow you to paste textual content sourced externally into that field and then save it back into the audio file. I don't know how soon that will be implemented though. PA won't source the lyrics for you though, that would be up to external applications.

I don't know if Max has any plans to allow saving of Lyrics provided via the new third-party API feature, but so far there hasn't been any support for this feature from external developers anyway so it's currently something of a moot point. 

Andre

4 minutes ago, maxmp said:

3rd party lyrics are cached to Poweramp internal database.

So in theory, when support for editing the Lyrics tag via the Info/Tags editor is implemented, it ought to be possible to adjust and save any cached lyrics (previously sourced from the new API) back into the audio file. Do you know if anyone is at the testing stage for supporting the external API yet? 

Andre

• 2 months later...

A few months ago I installed Poweramp after not using it for a long time and I was checking the lyrics section, just added, and I don't know what I did, but when I imported my music, they all appeared with synchronized lyrics, just as they appear on Spotify. Then I had to change my phone, but I didn't find the settings I did last time and I no longer have lyrics synced with my music but only static lyrics appear. Can anyone help me by telling me how can I get lyrics back in sync in Poweramp? Thank you

@Louis Michael Lyrics can be sourced from (broadly) three places:

• Embedded lyric data which is actually saved inside the audio file's internal tags and can used by any suitable application that can play the file. You can check this in a tag editor program if you are not sure.
  • Contained within a separate .LRC file which has the same base filename, usually in the same directory as its matching music file. The LRC file needs to be copied along with the original audio file for it to be used on a new device, and it is plain text so you can edit it in any text editor.
  • Sourced online. You can set up a preferred lyric provider app (e.g. Musixmatch) and when Poweramp finds a song for which it has no local lyrics available, it will ask the external app to find something for that songname/artist, and the external app will then display whatever words it manages to find. You can even set this up to use Google searches for lyrics if you don't want to install a third-party app.

The first two can be either synced (i.e. they contain "[mm.ss.xx]" timecode data saying at what point in the music each line should be displayed) or unsynced (just a text list of the whole song). Online app sourced lyrics are more likely to be unsynced unless the provider is able to use Poweramp's new API interface, which I don't think anything offers as yet. 

The various settings that control how lyrics are handled, and the methods used, are in PA Settings=>Look and Feel=>Lyrics. You can turn lyric viewing on and off from the Player Screen via the menu or on-screen button (you can define which option you want to use in the Settings page). 

Andre

• 3 months later...
On 11/16/2020 at 2:06 PM, andrewilley said:

Lyric display from existing embedded lyrics, or searching and display via the internet, is already supported within Poweramp. Tap the three-dots menu icon in the player screen and select Lyrics.

At some point in the future this support may be extended to include access to LRC sidecar files and/or synchronisation of lyrics (karaoke-style) but there is no specific timeframe for those new features.

In the meantime, for LRC support, you might want to check out this third-party app:

Andre

Is possible to show lyrics main ui