Jump to content

Poweramp Equalizer builds 886-893


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, SamPA said:

@Pankajk5

Equalizer App with Amazon Music is working absolutely fine. Have you enabled the permissions with ADB command in "Advanced Player Tracking" for "Amazon Music" to be discovered in "Known players" ?

1.png

2.png

Why do I need run commands for that to make it work.  It should be  taken care by the app. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Pankajk5 It's taken care by app for players which allow equalization. The equalization support is very easy to add (2 lines of code), but some player developers don't do that, so that's why there is an Advanced tracking mode requiring extra permission. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maxmp said:

@M Akmal Equalizer works with apps which present itself as media players (to avoid equalizing everything from ringtone to games), Youtube doesn't do that. It's still possible to make an exception for Youtube and I guess I'll add such support.

I  don't really want to run any command on my device. As of now I am using Poweramp and that seems to be okay. If there will be a support without any external permission in android, I will definitely use it. I am sure there would be a plan for the same.

Edited by Pankajk5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pankajk5 said:

I  don't really want to run any command on my device. As of now I am using Poweramp and that seems to be okay. If there will be a support without any external permission in android, I will definitely use it. I am sure there would be a plan for the same.

Newpipe is working fine,so those who don't want adb.. try newpipe and play Yt video or audio by background option below the video.

 

It's good alternative for YouTube ;_;

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Niteshkr YouTube Vanced is the best alternative for YouTube and YouTube Music.

26 minutes ago, Niteshkr said:

Newpipe is working fine,so those who don't want adb.. try newpipe and play Yt video or audio by background option below the video.

 

It's good alternative for YouTube ;_;

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Niteshkr said:

Yes Vanced is better but I mentioned newpipe as it doesn't require adb commands to make Poweramp equalizer work! It works without any issues.

 

I hope vanced comes with external equalizer permission enabled.

 

I used the adb command and it's made the equalizer a lot better 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Equalizer will recognize app as player if the app posts “media” notification (the notification type with transport buttons and cover). Youtube by default doesn’t do that for me, but some users report it does that for them. I guess Google does A/B(/C/D/E...) testing rollout of features and this is enabled for subset of users.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Equalizer will recognize app as player if the app posts “media” notification (the notification type with transport buttons and cover). Youtube by default doesn’t do that for me, but some users report it does that for them. I guess Google does A/B(/C/D/E...) testing rollout of features and this is enabled for subset of users.

Rightly said... But there are various alternatives to play YouTube in the Equalizer App like YouTube Vanced and Pi Music Player. Pi music player is recognized on the fly by Equalizer App and does play YouTube very well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxmp is there any plan to add this support in future builds or it has to be done via adb command only ?

On 12/6/2020 at 3:59 AM, maxmp said:

@M Akmal Equalizer works with apps which present itself as media players (to avoid equalizing everything from ringtone to games), Youtube doesn't do that. It's still possible to make an exception for Youtube and I guess I'll add such support.

I  don't really want to run any command on my device. As of now I am using Poweramp and that seems to be okay. If the will be supported without any external permission ok android. I will definitely use it. I am sure there would be a plan for the same m 

Edited by Pankajk5
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Pankajk5 said:

is there any plan to add this support in future builds or it has to be done via adb command only ?

As far as I know, there is no way for an app to assign itself permissions - that would rather default the purpose of them being permissions. The ADB command is a one-off thing, and actually not that difficult to do, but of course it's easier if you are familiar with using command-line interfaces and./or development tools.

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pankajk5 the equalization support (2 lines of code) should be added to the player app. If player app doesn't send audio session, it means developers don't want equalization for their app, don't care, or not aware of the feature/not enough user requested it. The adb permission is a workaround.

Previously Google allowed global equalization on session=0, but they gradually closed/deprecated/broke it in new Androids.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxmp usually this should be taken care by you people to check with Android or app developer to see what is the resolution on this to understand it better instead of customer reaching to them . Where we don't have any background what needs to be implemented in the backend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pankajk5 I don't agree. Why should @maxmp approach to each app developer. There are plenty of music and media apps. He has already given a workaround solution to enable the equalization in almost any player thro' ADB [android debug bridge]. BTW he has made this app very customizable. If you have any issues in executing the ADB command; We can discuss this on DM/PM. He has already stated its a (2 line code) that should be written in the app made by the developers that should be based on this. I have executed the adb command without hesitation and look below..the equalizer app has discovered every installed player in my phone and specially in MIUI (XIAOMI) phone which is so aggressive in memory management. ADB command has nothing to do with your privacy but all to do with "Notification Listener Permission" for the music apps to be discovered in "Known players". 

1 hour ago, Pankajk5 said:

@maxmp usually this should be taken care by you people to check with Android or app developer to see what is the resolution on this to understand it better instead of customer reaching to them . Where we don't have any background what needs to be implemented in the backend.

 

KP.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pankajk5 Not at all. The command is "adb shell pm grant com.maxmpz.equalizer android.permission.DUMP". Which means it will only grant permission to the equalizer app with package name "com.maxmpz.equalizer". 

54 minutes ago, Pankajk5 said:

@SamPA will  this command can impact any android upgrade or  cause any other issue ?

 

Edited by SamPA
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pankajk5 Just read the comments in the forum properly. @maxmp has already said "Equalizer will recognize app as player if the app posts “media” notification (the notification type with transport buttons and cover). Youtube by default doesn’t do that". Just go thro' my my comments and that will guide you to run YouTube and YouTube music via YouTube Vanced. Look at pic below. 

14 minutes ago, Pankajk5 said:

@SamPA thanks, I just ran the command  and amazon seems to be working fine . Hope this should not cause any issue to my device. only one thing that I observed youtube is not working. which has been reported by other user well.

 

YT.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • maxmp changed the title to Poweramp Equalizer builds 886-893

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...