Jump to content

Poweramp Equalizer builds 886-893


Recommended Posts

@Edgie70 The YTM currently have a bug when they close equalizer session and don't report new one on track change. (Usually happens when track with video is changed to track w/o video or vice versa). This is specifically noted for YTM in Poweramp Equalizer.

Obviously YTM guys don't test their player with any equalizer, please report this issue within YTM app.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just installed the Poweramp Equalizer app and so far it has been working good on my LG G7 which is on Stock Android 9. Exported my settings from the audio player to the equalizer and it's done, just like that.

The only problem until now is the volume. This doesn't happen with the audio player but only with the equalizer: the LG G7 has a system default of 75 volume steps (when Quad DAC is on). When I'm not on the equalizer app UI, so like on home screen, other app, here writing this, the volume steps work fine, it goes with jumps of 1. When I am on the equalizer UI, the volume goes with jumps of 5, essentially reducing the volume to only 15 steps, with a very big volume difference from one another.

Another thing I noticed is, differently from the audio player, the equalizer app does seem to be fine with DVC, actually deactivating DVC reduces the output volume considerably. That behavior is opposite to the audio player which gets sketchy when DVC is on and is amazing when DVC is off for the hi-res output. I've only been listening for a few minutes and it's not really very good material to test quality, but it is sounding nice anyway. Is the equalizer app using the hi-res audio output or just the standard open sl output? 

And the last thing is a question, about the reverb. Is it going to appear on the equalizer app anytime soon? Or it's not being considered at all? I do like the reverb capabilities from Poweramp, and I do think it would be good to be on the equalizer app...

Also, the new UI with the color on the bars and knobs is pretty good!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ScarletNeko said:

Just installed the Poweramp Equalizer app and so far it has been working good on my LG G7 which is on Stock Android 9. Exported my settings from the audio player to the equalizer and it's done, just like that.

The only problem until now is the volume. This doesn't happen with the audio player but only with the equalizer: the LG G7 has a system default of 75 volume steps (when Quad DAC is on). When I'm not on the equalizer app UI, so like on home screen, other app, here writing this, the volume steps work fine, it goes with jumps of 1. When I am on the equalizer UI, the volume goes with jumps of 5, essentially reducing the volume to only 15 steps, with a very big volume difference from one another.

Another thing I noticed is, differently from the audio player, the equalizer app does seem to be fine with DVC, actually deactivating DVC reduces the output volume considerably. That behavior is opposite to the audio player which gets sketchy when DVC is on and is amazing when DVC is off for the hi-res output. I've only been listening for a few minutes and it's not really very good material to test quality, but it is sounding nice anyway. Is the equalizer app using the hi-res audio output or just the standard open sl output? 

And the last thing is a question, about the reverb. Is it going to appear on the equalizer app anytime soon? Or it's not being considered at all? I do like the reverb capabilities from Poweramp, and I do think it would be good to be on the equalizer app...

Also, the new UI with the color on the bars and knobs is pretty good!

I've been getting an equalizer notification every time I unlock my phone !! Galaxy S10 android 10 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some LGs have always-enabled compressor on all Android mixed audio (except specific DVC/Hi-Res modes in Poweramp player), thus it makes higher than few dBs band amplifications impossible (esp. noticeable for bass bands). This is the only OEM forcing compression on all audio. As for reverb, it's current implementation in Androids 9+ just adds noise to the audio and has no point at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • maxmp changed the title to Poweramp Equalizer builds 886-890

Build 890:

  • added advanced experimental audio session tracking
    Allows equalization for players that don't expose their audio session (such as Tidal), and fixes issues for players with audio session bugs (such as YoutubeMusic), but requires ADB and notification permissions
    Some players still may fail to be detected (Oppo built-in player, players using Direct/Offload output)
  • translations updates
  • bug fixes and stability improvements
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't listen to music from a lot of other sources, 98% of the time is on Poweramp audio player itself and the other 2% is when I stream something from my PC via smb, so i probably am not doing the app justice, but

I might force an update to the android 10 this phone got on other countries, or i might even just install a custom ROM soon, so probably the reverb only adding noise on android 9 won't be that big of a problem for me. So that means that reverb is possible but on newer versions of Android?

Again, i basically always listen to music from the Poweramp audio player so it's completely fine if my requests get pushed out, I'm mostly trying to give some feedback considering my hardware and software.

I've been using the new advanced player tracking today and it was good, worked with my third party youtube app, which I don't use an awful lot but i do like to listen some narrations sometimes (that's half the reason I wanted reverb, the other half is for when I watch anime streaming from my pc as well), it had been working with vlc too since I installed it yesterday, on build 889. The app is still going very well so far although I've not been nearly as heavy as a user like I am with the audio player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Edgie70 no. YTM changes session (bug #1) and doesn’t send it (bug #2). The new Advanced Player Tracking option can handle this, but it requires hard to set permissions.

Hopefully YTM devs will fix the bugs shortly, especially if users report it to them via YTM in-app support.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I decided to give the app a try, but one thing I would really need to get going is a simple button to import all my presets from Poweramp.  Preferably, I'd like to be able to sync all changes with the main Poweramp app.  Is this something that's coming in the future?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed latest version bulld 890 and enabled the Advanced Player Tracking via ADB command. Worked perfectly well in RealMe U1 Phone with Android 9.All the installed players in phone listed under 'Known Players'. But not worked in Xiaomi Redmi Y2 phone....don't know why ? 

Advanced Player Tracking.png

Known Players.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the steps below in Xiaomi Y2 (MIUI 12) and put the ADB command

Develepor Options

USB Debugging > On

USB Debugging (Security Settings) > On

adb shell pm grant com.maxmpz.equalizer android.permission.DUMP

All permissions given but does not work for all all the music players. Only three out of five worked that too also after trying 5 to 6 times

Xiaomi Y2 MIUI 12-min.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SamPA said:

Did the steps below in Xiaomi Y2 (MIUI 12) and put the ADB command

Develepor Options

USB Debugging > On

USB Debugging (Security Settings) > On

adb shell pm grant com.maxmpz.equalizer android.permission.DUMP

All permissions given but does not work for all all the music players. Only three out of five worked that too also after trying 5 to 6 times

Xiaomi Y2 MIUI 12-min.png

I take it I need a computer to use the adb command ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Edgie70 no. YTM changes session (bug #1) and doesn’t send it (bug #2). The new Advanced Player Tracking option can handle this, but it requires hard to set permissions.

Hopefully YTM devs will fix the bugs shortly, especially if users report it to them via YTM in-app support.

Thanks!

Hi , thanks for confirming , hope this isn't took the wrong way but there are a couple of other apps on play store that work with YT music and skip through tracks without cutting off the equalizer BUT they are not a patch on how good Poweramp sounds !! Just wondering if it's not an issue / bug with YT music ?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@Edgie70 it’s YTM bug. Other equalizers probably use global session 0 - deprecated and not supported for DVC.

Thanks , sorry for all the questions and sounding a bit daft but could that not be implemented so it fixes the issue or would it not work with P.Amp ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thing else except following to Bring 'Advanced player tracking'

Realme/Oppo (Color OS)

Developer Options
USB Debugging > On
Disable Permission Monitoring > On   [Last Line]


Xiaomi (MIUI)

Develepor Options
USB Debugging > On
USB Debugging (Security Settings) > On


Command executed in computer

adb devices >
adb shell pm grant com.maxmpz.equalizer android.permission.DUMP

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SamPA said:

Any thing else except following to Bring 'Advanced player tracking'

Realme/Oppo (Color OS)

Developer Options
USB Debugging > On
Disable Permission Monitoring > On   [Last Line]


Xiaomi (MIUI)

Develepor Options
USB Debugging > On
USB Debugging (Security Settings) > On


Command executed in computer

adb devices >
adb shell pm grant com.maxmpz.equalizer android.permission.DUMP

 

So doing this , does this stop the issue with Poweramp not working after skipping tracks in YT music ?? If so I'm screwed because I don't have a computer 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • maxmp changed the title to Poweramp Equalizer builds 886-893

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...