Poweramp Equalizer builds 886-893

maxmp

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Pankajk5 said:

After installing I can see YouTube vanced in the list but doesn't actually work with Equalizer. 

Are you saying you can enable it in the list of apps in PA Equaliser settings screen, but that the sound doesn't appear to be influenced? Or that you cannot enable it from the list?

A lot of people use YouTube Vanced and trust the developer over on XDA, but at the end of the day it is a hacked version so you may prefer not to. You choice, no one can guarantee that it is 100% safe other than the person who coded it. Google if if you are concerned.

Andre

@Pankajk5 As I can see from the discussions above you seem to be having trust issues with third party apps and it's completely normal as I used to have same but then I learned that if third party apps are taken from offical website and @andrewilleyif you are into android development then you can debug the apk and see its AndroidManifest.xml to see which permission it is requesting. So as for a video streaming app such as YouTube Vanced and Twitch there shouldn't be many permissions. The basic permissions can be to request your device storage to download videos on your device for offline viewing. For eg: if you write this in your AndroidManifest file

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>  

the app will ask for Read and Write permission of your device. As for safety of YouTube Vanced I debuged the apk and looked into it's AndroidManifest file and couldn't find any nasty permission, so YouTube Vanced is safe. More details here  

58 minutes ago, Pankajk5 said:

@Pankajk5 @SamPA bro I understood your point. But how much safe are vanced app ? 

After installing I can see YouTube vanced in the list but doesn't actually work with Equalizer. 

8 hours ago, Pankajk5 said:

@maxmp usually this should be taken care by you people to check with Android or app developer to see what is the resolution on this to understand it better instead of customer reaching to them . Where we don't have any background what needs to be implemented in the backend.

For indie devs that works and there are examples of collaboration like this. As for big corps, only mass “spamming” user requests/bug reports works. Previously that worked e.g. with Spotify (they finally fixed all equalizer related issues only recently).

I too use vanced for quite a while and it's completely safe, yet more since when they added the vanced manager app, where you can get stuff and updates directly from them, no need to even open the browser. I use my main account there and absolutely no problems so far.

Also, the process to make it work with the equalizer app is a one time only proccess, at least here on my phone. Once you do the play a video, hit home screen and minimize the mini player to the notification, you won't need to do that ever again, it will always work with vanced. Sometimes you will need to open the equalizer app manually but you don't need to do all that process again as it will start working as soon as the equalizer app started.

Thanks to the equalizer app I've been using a function i always despised, which is the compressor. I always hated that and avoided it like the plague but since I use youtube mainly to hear narrations and people talking, that is actually helping. I never thought I would see Poweramp equalizer working standalone, but i surely never even considered about using compressor for anything XD

Only thing missing for me is the reverb, but max said that is not as easy as it seems unfortunately

21 minutes ago, ScarletNeko said:

I too use vanced for quite a while and it's completely safe, yet more since when they added the vanced manager app, where you can get stuff and updates directly from them, no need to even open the browser. I use my main account there and absolutely no problems so far.

Also, the process to make it work with the equalizer app is a one time only proccess, at least here on my phone. Once you do the play a video, hit home screen and minimize the mini player to the notification, you won't need to do that ever again, it will always work with vanced. Sometimes you will need to open the equalizer app manually but you don't need to do all that process again as it will start working as soon as the equalizer app started.

Thanks to the equalizer app I've been using a function i always despised, which is the compressor. I always hated that and avoided it like the plague but since I use youtube mainly to hear narrations and people talking, that is actually helping. I never thought I would see Poweramp equalizer working standalone, but i surely never even considered about using compressor for anything XD

Only thing missing for me is the reverb, but max said that is not as easy as it seems unfortunately

@ScarletNeko Once you do the play a video, [PAUSE IT] then hit home screen and minimize the player to the notification, then play the video from notification. Details here

@Pankajk5 Yeh ! I also noted that. Seems @maxmpAmazon music is not sending the audio session properly to the equalizer app even after giving all the permissions in "Advanced Player Tracking" via ADB. Try to enable background running of "Amazon Music" and try again ! BTW which phone you do you have?

7 hours ago, Pankajk5 said:

@SamPA @SamPA Amazon music is still having issues many times. Sometime it works sometime it doesn't. Not sure what can be the cause of it even though the player is visible in Equalizer

@Pankajk5 This workaround is not working here. Maybe it's working for you. Depends upon phone to phone. Issues with Amazon music app. It's not sending the audio session properly to the equalizer app. As "global equalization session 0" is out of date and is deprecated; will have to look for another permanent workaround. 

1 hour ago, Pankajk5 said:

@SamPA One workaround that I am seeing right now is, we need to stop permission of notification of MXP and enable it again while amazon music is playing and it works but that is not the right thing to use which is not possible to do every time.

Edited by SamPA

hi all. my enquiry to Andre was put in this thread so I hope relevant. I have had an interesting few days playing with the Poweramp app and new eq app and addressing my volume issues, so thought might be nice to share in case helpful or if anyone can educate me.

Now mostly resolved my issues. Adjusted just about everything and got my S10+ sounding decent but not great hence the recent fiddling. Eq app eventually added Poweramp to known players so all working now. I discovered that the audio interface box that one can have on S10+ screen has sliders for bluetooth/wired headphones and another for app/media. This is reproduced when using samsung sound assistant but this has the added benefit of numbers beside the sliders for more accuracy. I find that purely accessing these boxes and putting the headphone slider to 140% (might be a clue here as to an increase in volume as 150% max rather than 100%?) significantly increases the volume.

I can then set Poweramp vol at 70/80% and my music is properly loud and punchy. Quite remarkable the difference and I have not seen this simple tweak/adjustment mentioned anywhere, which seems odd.

I'd love to have my bluetooth melomania buds, when pressing volume buttons, just adjust the bud volume and the phone vol buttons just adjust the phone/app volume, but this is a small gripe compared to the audio quality and loudness.

Edited by geraldoneill100

@Pankajk5Found a temporary workaround for amazon music app and will work in any phone. Open amazon music app and play music. While playing; send a Message or a WhatsApp message to the phone and the equalizer will be operative. Seems there is no native support of amazon music app to send notification. Funny workaround !

2 hours ago, Pankajk5 said:

@SamPA I agree with you . please post a workaround if you find any.

Edited by SamPA

@Pankajk5 I tested AmazonMusic on Samsung@Android 10 and it works fine for me with the Advanced Player Tracking. I can't make Equalizer to forget session on track changes/playlist changes/AmazonMusic restart.

One case I could reproduce is killing both AmazonMusic and Equalizer and starting playback. In this case I can see player has longer buffering/connecting state and is not considered as playing by Equalizer - this is fixed for the next Equalizer build.

Note that built-in Amazon equalizer should be disabled. Tested version is 17.3.4. OTA.

@maxmp i just upgraded the latest build and I don't think it made any difference for me. First of all I need some clarification and then I will share my observations:

1. After upgrading, I just used Amazon music and YouTube official app but both did not work for me.

2.Rebooted the device and waited for EQ to get initialized, after that used both of the app but it did not work.

Note: Only workaround that works for me is to disable the notification of mxp and enable it again in Equalizer.

BTW my device is one plus 6T. And I have enabled advanced player tracking as well.

Please suggest me if anything needs to be changed and should be tested.

Screenshot_20201211-110913.jpg

Edited by Pankajk5