Poweramp Equalizer builds 886-893

maxmp

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@maxmp Yes.It will be great if something simplified is added on powerampapp.com. As mentioned on webadb.com; it's not  discovering phone over bluetooth.You have to use a USB cable to make the connection.  

14 hours ago, maxmp said:

By the way recently created webadb.com may simplify the process of enabling advanced player tracking.

(In this case pm grant com.maxmpz.equalizer android.permission.DUMP should be entered in the Interactive console). 

Also I guess something simplified could be created/hosted on powerampapp.com in the future.

23 minutes ago, JosephKH said:

You need to enable MusicFX in Poweramp then Equalizer will add Poweramp as known player.

@txtmikhailDone.In Poweramp's settings, go into Audio, then Advanced Tweaks.

Tick the MusicFX option, then on the Tone/Vol tab of the Equalizer, there should be a MusicFX button that's appeared. Long press it.

PA PA.png

@Edgie70 Yeh! Me Too.Playing almost everything now except on XIAOMI S2/Y2 (MIUI 12.0.2).I think more work is necessary by Max for XIAOMI Phones. All RealMe Phones playing perfectly well.

4 hours ago, Edgie70 said:

Yep , I'm just playing through YouTube music vanced , this only started last night 

20201202_081653.jpg

Known Players.png

30 minutes ago, SamPA said:

@Edgie70 Yeh! Me Too.Playing almost everything now except on XIAOMI S2/Y2 (MIUI 12.0.2).I think more work is necessary by Max for XIAOMI Phones. All RealMe Phones playing perfectly well.

Known Players.png

So have you started to see Chrome in your list of players as well ? 

33 minutes ago, SamPA said:

Known Players.png

How did you get YouTube music  vanced in your list of players ? 

@Edgie70 No Chrome in the list.Trick to make it discover in "Known Players" (YT music and YT Vanced).First install YT Vanced from Vanced Manager >Play the youtube >Pause the video >Minimise the YT App and finally play from the [Notification Area].Done !😄It will now show in "Known Players".Now install YT Music.Use latest Vanced Manager > 2.0.1.

YT Music.png

Poweramp Equalizer (in the Advanced Player Track mode) detects music/media players based on the "media" notification type. Some builds of Chrome show media notification while media is played, this is why Chrome is detected, but it can be easily disabled if needed (or kept as is) in Known Players.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp Equalizer (in the Advanced Player Track mode) detects music/media players based on the "media" notification type. Some builds of Chrome show media notification while media is played, this is why Chrome is detected, but it can be easily disabled if needed (or kept as is) in Known Players.

Chrome just appeared in known players whilst playing a song in YouTube music vanced , weird but I'll just keep it selected in known players 

hi Andre.

i looked on forum but did not see what i needed. please feel free to point me to something i should be reading and not bugging you.

You have been wonderfully helpful previously with Poweramp. please forgive me for bothering you and this probably too long email to you, but for me you are the font of all wisdom! just taken plunge on a new galaxy s10 to replace my s5 and disappointed that low volume is still an issue with these phones after all these years. amazes me samsung and other providers dont work with 3rd party app developers to offer us consumers an option to just increase the bloody volume. bugbear of mine for years! with Poweramp my s5 is just about ok. s10 a bit low even after tweaking and adjusting everything. i was about to embark on a likely fruitless search of vol booster apps as most seem pretty useless/temperamental or if they work they seem harsh for music but saw this new eq app and got excited. installed immediately but doesn't seem to do anything. is it working? anything i need to do? tried to link it with Poweramp (and would like youtube/vlc/etc) but i may be stupid. happy to pay for this new app when out! hoping it will address the volume as i only need another 10% to be happy. a bit more would be lovely but 10 ish would be cool. i notice on the s10 i cannot keep ldac set as the bluetooth dac or keep option for enhanced for best audio quality as always revert to default but hopefully future update will allow this. thanks and again v sorry for lengthy email. Gerald

59 minutes ago, geraldoneill100 said:

hi Andre.

i looked on forum but did not see what i needed. please feel free to point me to something i should be reading and not bugging you.

You have been wonderfully helpful previously with Poweramp. please forgive me for bothering you and this probably too long email to you, but for me you are the font of all wisdom! just taken plunge on a new galaxy s10 to replace my s5 and disappointed that low volume is still an issue with these phones after all these years. amazes me samsung and other providers dont work with 3rd party app developers to offer us consumers an option to just increase the bloody volume. bugbear of mine for years! with Poweramp my s5 is just about ok. s10 a bit low even after tweaking and adjusting everything. i was about to embark on a likely fruitless search of vol booster apps as most seem pretty useless/temperamental or if they work they seem harsh for music but saw this new eq app and got excited. installed immediately but doesn't seem to do anything. is it working? anything i need to do? tried to link it with Poweramp (and would like youtube/vlc/etc) but i may be stupid. happy to pay for this new app when out! hoping it will address the volume as i only need another 10% to be happy. a bit more would be lovely but 10 ish would be cool. i notice on the s10 i cannot keep ldac set as the bluetooth dac or keep option for enhanced for best audio quality as always revert to default but hopefully future update will allow this. thanks and again v sorry for lengthy email. Gerald

If you're using the equalizer put the gain slider up a bit to get more volume , btw I have an S10 and volume is fine 

5 hours ago, Edgie70 said:

My YouTube vanced doesn't play in notification area , YouTube music vanced does though .

@Edgie70 Try again. It will play. Open Youtube Vanced and play any video and PAUSE it. Just follow the detailed steps below..

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by SamPA

@maxmpNoticed very strange behaviour in XIAOMI S2/Y2 (MIUI 12.0.2). To get Equalizer preset to work in some of music players like Rocket MP and Audials already discovered "Known players". Have to grant "Notification Listener Permission" again and Toggle off/on "Enable Player Tracking" in Advanced Player Tracking  to get the equalizers presets such as (bass, treble, flat, dance, rock) to work. Don't know if it's a bug in MIUI (12.0.2) Rom or in the build 890 itself. 

1.png

2.png

2 hours ago, SamPA said:

@maxmpNoticed very strange behaviour in XIAOMI S2/Y2 (MIUI 12.0.2). To get Equalizer preset to work in some of music players like Rocket MP and Audials already discovered "Known players". Have to grant "Notification Listener Permission" again and Toggle off/on "Enable Player Tracking" in Advanced Player Tracking  to get the equalizers presets such as (bass, treble, flat, dance, rock) to work. Don't know if it's a bug in MIUI (12.0.2) Rom or in the build 890 itself. 

1.png

2.png

@maxmp No bug.. but the limiltation of MIUI optimisation on XIAOMI phones. You have to allow all the App permissions of the Equalizer app to run in background. But still have to open it once in first and lock the app in background and then all the music players runs fine with the equalilizer presets. I think this app is ready to be launched on Play Store now. Bugs and fixes can be done later on time to time.

@maxmp Equalizer app is not running in background in XIAOMI S2/Y2 (MIUI 12.0.2) Android 9. Doze optimization necessary. Background running of the Equalizer app is required for XIAOMI devices on Android 9.. 

Edited by SamPA

On 12/2/2020 at 10:32 PM, geraldoneill100 said:

installed immediately but doesn't seem to do anything. is it working? anything i need to do? 

For an app to have its audio modified by the stand-alone equaliser, you must enable it in the EQ Settings > Equalizer > Known Players.

There are lots of tips in here, but for apps that behave nicely (e.g. Spotify) you simply play something in the relevant app to make it broadcast its availability, and then run the PA Equaliser and enable it in the Known Players screen.

Some players also require the ability to use external sound modifiers to be activated - in the Poweramp main app for example you would enable MusicFX.

For some other apps which don't play quite as nicely and there is now a workaround (build 890 onward) which requires the PA Equaliser to be granted special access, which you do as a one-off task using the ADB (Android Debug Bridge) tool on a connected PC. Perhaps not for the faint-hearted though as it requires issuing command-line instructions.

Andre

@Pankajk5

52 minutes ago, Pankajk5 said:

It does not work with Amazon Music. as of now that is the only music streaming app that I am using. Can you please tell me when this support will be available

Equalizer App with Amazon Music is working absolutely fine. Have you enabled the permissions with ADB command in "Advanced Player Tracking" for "Amazon Music" to be discovered in "Known players" ?

1.png

2.png