maxmp

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this app!
It works very well 😀
However, i noticed that Poweramp equalizer does not work with the Freezer app.
Would it be possible to make it compatible in the next updates please?

I have another request...it would be very convenient to have a tile to turn Poweramp equalizer on/off as needed.

Thanks a lot!

I have be using official Poweramp music player for a long times.. And this Poweramp equalizer app separate one was released but Can anyone help me please how to use this Poweramp equalizer app i wanna test it in different music player none of them is working i have tried to tested it in hauwei music player, youtube, youtube vanced, musixmatch, mxplayer none of them is working except Spotify and youtube music.. 🤔 

I'm on Android 10, Poweramp (player) works great (eq/tone + direct HD + dvc + limit = no audio clipping/cracking with on ear headphones )

but if I use Poweramp equalizer with dvc + limit + compression with same headphones, I get audio distortion/cracking (taking output from Poweramp and YouTube music). 

I even turned everything off (eq, tone, limit, compression, dvc) still just turning on processing in Poweramp equalizer causes distortion, even tried reducing gain in compression still I get audio distortion, what should I do to fix it? 

Will the equalizer app require purchasing a separate license in the future, or will it also be activated with the Poweramp Player license?

EDIT: Also, I remember using an equalizer app on my past unrooted phone which was able to apply audio effects to all apps in the system, although it was a phone with Android 6. Is that kind of audio modification possible on modern unrooted Android? Or is the app forced to rely on the good will of audio player app developers?

I've just added the following to the first post in this thread to clear up the two most common FAQs in here:

Admin Notes / FAQs : Poweramp Equalizer ONLY works on Android 9+ (Android 10+ recommended) as it requires features that were only recently added to Android. Support for external equaliser access needs to have already been implemented by the external audio-playing app - and even if an app supports external equalisation, it may need to be enabled within that player's settings (more info).

Andre

1 hour ago, Bencherished said:

It seems like Poweramp does not need the equalizer app, apart from the compressor page which has gain, I noticed no difference. 

Not only does it not need the external EQ app, Poweramp does not support its use at all - PA should not even be listed as a compatible music player in the list.

The EQ project is merely an externally-available version of what is already supplied within PA, although the development path is not identical (for example the compressor in the external app is not yet present within the main PA app, but that will come).

Andre

9 hours ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley some list of players is possible, but probably only on forum/FAQ as Google is against using other app names / trademarks in app description.

Also there will be an advanced mode in Equalizer (adb permission required) which allows any player to be equalized.

Oh I would be waiting for that. I assume YouTube music bug with audio sessions would be fixed if we grant this special permission?

I'm using the beta version of Poweramp equalizer and having a couple of issues , every time I unlock my phone the Poweramp notification pops up then goes also when playing a song on YouTube music and I manually select the next song the equalizer sometimes stops working and I have to force close it and start again 

13 hours ago, Someguyonline said:

Oh I would be waiting for that. I assume YouTube music bug with audio sessions would be fixed if we grant this special permission?

The best way to deal with this issue is to report to YTM devs via their in-app support. Spotify had similar problem earlier, but they fixed it.

This is awesome, because now I can listen to same equalizer with Youtube Music, with uploaded music to stream while on walk if wanted. Sweet, now I have a 400gb micro sd card in phone for my Metalcore and Deathcore genre, and add other genre uploaded to Youtube Music and I will never run out of music now. 100,000 songs can be uploaded to Youtube Music.

So, Poweramp player for micro sd card.

I always want to see if there is better sounding apps than Poweramp, and I just end up back with PA player. Now, this works with other players, then this is going to be the best equalizer app on Google Play bar none. I will definitely pay for it.

Edited by dustyshot