How to check my dvc is not working in my custom ROM?

Manikantan

Could you explain what you mean? You have made about 7 one-line  posts that basically say nothing (I'll merge most of them together here for ease). Could you elaborate and let us know what isn't working for you, and also what your device and setup is? For most custom ROM issues that do not occur on stock devices you would need to contact the ROM developer.

Andre

3 hours ago, Manikantan said:

Direct volume control,(DVC) increase or decrease my headset volume ? 

It might do either, depending on your hardware.

DVC stands for Direct Volume Control. On devices that support it, enabling DVC allows Poweramp to bypass a lot of the extra Android (or manufacturer added) audio processing code, thus generating a cleaner sound path. Enabling DVC will often also result in a louder maximum volume level, but not always - it's more of a quality thing than an absolute volume thing.

Andre

You can enable or disable it depending on your preference. You may get a higher maximum volume (which results from better dynamic range) with DVC enabled - i.e. with the 'No DVC' switch turned off - but with the standard of speakers on phones it's not likely to make much of a difference to the quality of the music in audiophile terms! :)

Andre

Limiter prevents clipping distortion if you try to apply large EQ or pre-amp boosts to a track that has musical segments that are already at 100% digital levels. It works by reducing the overall gain when the signal is about to become oversaturated and distorted. This can have the side-effect that you may hear the volume dip a little when such high-level events occur (such as passages with heavy bass). A generally better solution would be to not push the gain too high in the first place (e.g. reduce the pre-amp value if you want to use heavy bass boosting).

Andre

5 hours ago, Manikantan said:

Why this failed come ?

There are various filenames which different locations that various Android ROM versions use to provide this information, and that screen shows the status of each possible source if the first expected one is not found. Your particular device provides the data in /vendor/etc/audio_policy.conf, and the content of that file are displayed. The other possible locations are correctly shown as missing.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

I am using Android 10 go edition in Nokia.

Using latest playstore Poweramp build.

Get high volume in wired headset. This is my because of android 10 update bug?

How quality of song affect while accident toogling an options?

Poweramp bluetooth speaker,Poweramp headset will arrive in future?

If you are getting distortion when DVC is turned on, turn it off and see if that helps (and vice versa). You could also try a different output method in Settings > Audio > Outputs. e.g. if you are currently using OpenSL ES, try Hi-Res instead.

Distortion is usually caused when some gain setting is too high, so check that you have not boosted the EQ (or preamp) levels too much (ideally try it with the EQ system and ReplayGain turned off).

Andre 

@andrewilley I use Poweramp I nokia 1 now using and another mobile Mi one r1 installed from playstore.

Nokia 1 by default output

For headset 

-dvc turned on 

For speaker 

-no dvc turned on

-no headroom gain turned on 

Mi one r1 default output 

-no dvc turned off 

-no headroom gain turned off

All turned off 

For different mobile default settings also vary?

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If you are getting distortion when DVC is turned on, turn it off and see if that helps (and vice versa). You could also try a different output method in Settings > Audio > Outputs. e.g. if you are currently using OpenSL ES, try Hi-Res instead.

Distortion is usually caused when some gain setting is too high, so check that you have not boosted the EQ (or preamp) levels too much (ideally try it with the EQ system and ReplayGain turned off).

Andre 

👍

26 minutes ago, Manikantan said:

I have Poweramp pro icon in app how to hide it

Once the licence has been validated and stored you can remove the Unlocker app if you wish. You can always re-install it again later if you need it again (for example after a ROM update or reset).

Andre

Archived