Can't find purchased music via Google Play

sierrandy

Tried a file explorer but still cannot find the Google Music files anywhere on my Pixel.  It seems like they've been removed, maybe by You Tube Music, as they want me to stream everything?  I contacted Google Live Support and they just send me back and forth between Google Play and Google Music.  Anyway, they are making me retrieve my music from Google Takeout.  Thanks for your help and input.  

"Play music" music downloaded in the app on your phone will go into a storage area only accessibly by the app.

The files can be downloaded as .mp3 files from your computer which can then be copied to your phone. (It might be that you can do this also on the phone.)

I just tried to access my files purchased through Google music and where greated by  the https://play.google.com/music/managemusic?u=0# which gave me the options to either transfer my to Youtube music or download my library.

So what you need to do in order to play your Google Play music in power amp is to first download the actual .mp3 files by some other mean than the googe music app and then copy the files to your device.

Archived