Questions:Playlist,Screen and Closing Application

Floridadomer

Is there a setting that will allow Poweramp to stay on and not allow the screen to turn off?

Is there an easier way to get to my Playlist? The only way I can figure out is to go to: Menu/Folders/Library/Folder Playlist

Is there a way to completely close the application so it isn’t running in the background? When I hit the Home button it closes the app but is still in Running Services.

Thanks for the requests.

1. no at this moment, but planned

2. if you use playlists or library frequently you may want to switch Folders/lib button to open the library (in Settings)

If you're playing the playlist, clicking the mini-display with song info navigates to it.

3. it doesn't run when music is paused

PowerAMP service doesn't do any job if it's paused. No scan or anything. Scan takes few seconds when new card is mounted.

PowerAMP service asks android to stop itself after 15 seconds of idle. It's the Android OS privilege to stop process then, it does it only

if there is no memory for other apps.

Keeping paused PowerAMP in memory (as well as other good written apps) won't discharge a bit from battery or

take a cycle from CPU.

Killing PowerAMP or other database dependent applications can result in database corruption, because Android OS database

implementation is not designed for such killing. Android os restarts service if it thinks it's crashed - task killers can stop other processed only by crashing them.

Archived