Add 'AutoEq' pre-sets for equalizer to normalize headphones

hhasert
Go to solution Solved by maxmp,

8 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

There is no licencing issue as far as I know, the AutoEQ project headset database is meant to be accessible to anyone who wants to use it, there is no commercial licencing system. Once PA supports parametric equalisation it ought to be relatively straight-forward to create an interface that either loads pre-saved data from a CSV file, or even scrapes it directly from the web (a bit harder, not sure if they provide a neat API or not).

It's all down to how Max prioritises this sort of slightly esoteric feature though, there are a lot of other requests to get though too.

Andre

AutoEq also features fixed-band equalisation which fits the Poweramp equalizer (I've been using it for a while now) . It would be a good starting point to use those presets until we get full Parametric eq

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This feature would be great not only for headphones, but also for speakers. Audio Science Review publishes parametric EQ settings for reviewed speakers (see example in the attached image).

I don't really care for a UI for this. Just being able to select a text file (which could be in CSV format) with (frequency, gain, Q) triples would be fine!

PS: The image is from https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-stage-a130-review-speaker.18260/

JBL Stage A130 equalization.png

Edited by reverbel
Add PS note

• 7 months later...
On 2/15/2021 at 5:20 AM, Prosenjit said:

I just installed neutron player after reading this and I must say it really works & I can clearly feel the difference but to be honest sound wise it's not that great as far as I can tell. Is there any additional steps or setup that I'm missing out. Because Poweramp sounds way better than this atleast to me. The loudness bass everything is 10 times lower than Poweramp. But it does change the actual sound signature of the headphones (please note I didn't find actual preset for my headphone yet will try again later)

I do have full version of neutron player & Sony mdr xb920 headphone any suggestions would be appreciated I'm asking this because of curiosity.

Would love to see it in Poweramp if it really works

Neutron does not have DVC, Poweramp has the option and is best for people who use the EQ a lot. You can disable that option if you don't like to use the equalizer and prefer fidelity. 

• 5 months later...
On 12/16/2020 at 2:32 PM, andrewilley said:

I'm not sure about importing external settings though, I think you'd need to make the adjustments to the sliders for yourself - which you can already do now of course, using the numbers provided in the AutoEQ database of 10-band EQ settings.

Andre

I did exactly this and the outcome is surprisingly good. Then I installed the Poweramp Equalizer (30Day trial) just out of curiosity. But it has no effect to the audio output but the volume wheel. Restarted both apps and rebooted the phone. But I'm even not sure for who this app is an enrichment since we still we have already an built in equalizer in the Poweramp app.

Edited by Maprewop