Add more bands to equalizer

HowP

Hello,

could you please add more then 10 band equalizer to Poweramp?

More like N band equalizer where N could be configured in setting and maximum value would be 32 for example.

Reason:  Possibility to equalize with more than 10 bands give advanced users more fine control over adjustments to the frequency responses of their headphones.

If this is currently in Poweramp I could not find it.§

Thank you.

Max is currently working on an expanded version of the EQ module, which will be available stand-alone for use with other apps too. I believe one of the aims was to add a Parametric EQ, but I'm not sure whether the regular EQ will be expanded beyond 10 bands (seems a little excessive on a phone perhaps?). 

Andre

I would not say that it is excessive. If you have stuff like resampler and RG, I think that N band equalizer is most quality sound impacting feature of those three.

I listen to music all the time on my phone, so I want to get the best possible output from the phone.

It is excessive for regular users, but for regular users the RG and Resampler is excessive as well.

Of course the standalone equalizer with multiband and bandwidth option would be the best for me and I will immediately buy it. But until now I think the adding more bands into the PA equalizer would be best solution for some audio high demanding users.

On 10/26/2020 at 6:44 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp will get 5/10/12/16/24/32 switchable bands quite soon. This is the functionality implemented for Poweramp Equalizer app and Poweramp also gets it. Thanks!

Oh hell yeah. I have been wanting this feature since I switched from jetAudio to Poweramp. Thanks for working on it.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:14 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp will get 5/10/12/16/24/32 switchable bands quite soon. This is the functionality implemented for Poweramp Equalizer app and Poweramp also gets it. Thanks!

Thank you for your service, this'll definitely make many of us happy.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I bought the player, is it possible to enter 32 bands of equalization soon next? I really like the primary app as player, but i need a more precise bands-equalization... the new app (Equalizer version) is very good, but:

1) will those functions also be implemented in the Poweramp player?  2) or, will I be able to connect the new equalizer with the Poweramp player?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Raindr0p91 said:

but I don't understand why there were no updates on google play

Play Store will get the updated versions eventually but if you want them as soon as test versions are released, they are sent out on the website first and then via the beta-channel on the Play Store ( https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer ).

Archived