Rollover to next folder after playing last song of current folder

QnD

I am a registered user and might have a stupid question: I am using Poweramp hands-off when motorbiking. My library is organized by folders per album and I do not like playback lists. I usually start playback of the first song of a folder and am regularly annoyed when playback stops after last song of current folder was played. I would prefer to just continue with playing the first song of the next folder instead.

Am I missing the right option or is this just not implemented?

Many thanks for any advise.

QnD

29 minutes ago, QnD said:

I am a registered user and might have a stupid question: I am using Poweramp hands-off when motorbiking. My library is organized by folders per album and I do not like playback lists. I usually start playback of the first song of a folder and am regularly annoyed when playback stops after last song of current folder was played. I would prefer to just continue with playing the first song of the next folder instead.

Am I missing the right option or is this just not implemented?

Many thanks for any advise.

QnD

@QnD Long press the repeat button on the Now Playing screen, and choose the arrow to "Advance Category" - this will move to the next item in whatever list you are working from. To ensure albums are played in order, you can also long press the shuffle button and turn Shuffle Off. 

'Advance Category' - i.e. move on the to next category (such as next folder, album, etc) after the current one is finished - is the default setting when you install Poweramp. However it's easy to choose a different Repeat mode for a particular session and then forget to set it back again later. The terminology can sometimes prove a bit confusing for new users, but for more explanation of what the Repeat and Shuffle settings mean, please see: 

Andre

On 10/17/2020 at 5:40 PM, QnD said:

not assuming that what I was looking for is "hidden" under Repeat modes.

Don't worry, you are not the first new user to find the terminology can take a bit of getting used to. 'Advance Category' basically means that at the end of each category - which in your case would mean each folder in turn - playback moves on to the next one, and so on until the whole library has been played. Then playback starts again at the beginning, playing forever - effectively meaning 'Repeat All'.

I've been suggesting for a while that when Max gets a chance it might be worth rewording that icon, so we end up with slightly easier to understand terms and more self-explanatory options:

Play One Song --- Play current song and then stop
Play Category --- Play current Category (e.g. current folder or album) and then stop
Play All Categories --- Play through all Categories and then stop
Repeat Song --- Repeat current song forever
Repeat Category --- Repeat current Category (e.g. current folder or album) forever 
Repeat All Categories --- Listen to all Categories (every album/folder/playlist/etc) and Repeat forever   [This is what 'Advance Category' currently does]

Andre

Archived