Sinner43

Can't get Poweramp to stream you tube music or Spotify

Why would you expect Poweramp to stream from commercial / locked services? It is predominantly a music player designed to play audio files stored locally on your device.

Andre

PA does have some direct streaming capabilities though, for freely available sources such as public shoutcast / radio station streams.

Andre

20 hours ago, Sinner43 said:

Dont understand think waste of time and money

@Sinner43 The download for trial is free, did you not do this prior to buying the unlocker? I'm pretty sure the description of the product clearly states that it is a music media player for your personal library. If you are listening to YTM or Spotify, they have their own app. What would you expect PA to do any differently?

5 hours ago, MotleyG said:

@Sinner43 The download for trial is free, did you not do this prior to buying the unlocker? I'm pretty sure the description of the product clearly states that it is a music media player for your personal library. If you are listening to YTM or Spotify, they have their own app. What would you expect PA to do any differently?

Perhaps because there are music players that do stream services like Spotify. The Sonos app does this and roon and Audirvana both stream Qobuz and Tidal.

1 hour ago, CSJ said:

Perhaps because there are music players that do stream services like Spotify. The Sonos app does this and roon and Audirvana both stream Qobuz and Tidal.

Sonos is a hardware solution starting at about $200 per speaker. Roon is a server-oriented system costing $10 per month, and Audirvana costs $100. They are all multi-platform, company partnered systems with many staff on the books.

Poweramp is an Android media player, designed to play YOUR local collection of albums and songs. It costs just $5 for life, and has a single developer.

The ONLY reference to streaming of any sort in the Play Store features list is "m3u/pls http streams", which I did mention above - it's mainly for Shoutcast public radio stations, that sort of thing. An API already exists to allow support for other non-commercial services - such as playing your song file collection saved on Google Drive accounts, etc - but there is no working implementation of that functionality as yet, as far as I know anyway. 

Andre

Thanks for the feed back, and no didn't really read the app info had been drinking.lol since I have both I'm now going to down load music and stop streaming .