How To Activate Poweramp On 2nd Device

tom

I purchased Poweramp for a friend's phone, a Samsung J7 running Android 7.1.1. It was a few years ago and I think I added my credit card to the Play store on his device as a payment method. I have since removed my credit card from his Play store account. The issue now at hand is, I tried to install Poweramp on his Android tablet (Nexus 7 2012 Android 5+) and I was not allowed to install the unlocker on his tablet. I thought the purchases were tied to the email address registered with the Google Play store. :ph34r: Now as I'm wring this, I just remembered I had to delete his play store and google services cache and data because his phone was fubar'd and would not download anything from the Play store. Perhaps this is the cause. Whatever the case, how can I get Poweramp onto his tablet?

As long as the new device is set up to use same Google account as the old one, all old purchases should be visible on it. Sometimes the main search/install process gets confused though, and there are two things you can try:

1) Go into the Google Play Store > menu > My Apps & Games > Library tab. You should see any previously purchased apps in there, and be able to install them directly from that view. You can also check via https://play.google.com/store/account/orderhistory?purchaseFilter=apps.

2) Just 'buy' the unlocker again. Google won't actually take the money for something that has already been paid, although it will go through the motions of doing so. The early stages of this require a payment method to be potentially available though. 

Andre

Thanks Andre,

I saw the phone last night and everything seemed to be sorted. As if it took time for his account to be updated with Google. PA and the unlocker were on his home page and working.

Archived